In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ithaca 1911

chiligunguychiligunguy Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Anybody have one? MSRP of $1800 is a little pricey.

http://www.ithacagun.com/1911.html

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I was at local flea mkt and this guy has this nice Ithaca 1911. Told me it was a parade gun, when I asked who had it blued. Claimed the army had parade guns blued. I have never heard of that, but then again that doesnt mean much.

Question is, is that correct. The gun has a very professional blue finish, and is in great shape. Asking price was 1300.00 which I thought was high even for a original. What do you guys think.

Thanks
    chili
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is high and so was he!

Lance
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zink
    It is high and so was he!

Lance

I thought so I figured about $600-700 sound about right?
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Ithaca was wartime production. Last thing on the purchasing agent's mind was to set aside a batch of firearms to "pretty up".

As a matter of fact, blued 1911's were parkerized when sent in for repair/upgrade. Best, Joe
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    never heard that one before, for one the army never "had" anything done they had their own armorers that did it all, only thing i ever heard or researched that was blued was the barrel, bushing, and magazines

Ithaca 1911's where parts guns, mainly colt receivers with a hodge podge of internal parts, but where parkerized and then inspected by frank j atwood giving the mark FJA after final finishing, and had the worst finish of all WWII 1911's

would be a great price if original
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    According to my history books on the 1911A1. many of them dissapeared during and after the war (take homes) all the rest were sent to arsenals around the country for refurbishing and PARKERIZING.. Prior to this all Military 1911s were BLUE.. I have a 1943 model Colt that is Blue as it missed the Arsenal recall.. They are worth more than the parkerized ones.. Also the scarce manufacturers are much more pricey..

According to the blue book All the Ithacas were parkerized. At 95 percent,,1700 dollars
  • Options
    BlairweescotBlairweescot Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colt 1911A1s can be very pricey, depending on State laws that prohibit sales of pistols of this type that were not in the State and registered by a certain time

In MA, that Ithaca at 1300 dollars could be considered a fair price
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    According to my history books on the 1911A1. many of them dissapeared during and after the war (take homes) all the rest were sent to arsenals around the country for refurbishing and PARKERIZING.. Prior to this all Military 1911s were BLUE.. I have a 1943 model Colt that is Blue as it missed the Arsenal recall.. They are worth more than the parkerized ones.. Also the scarce manufacturers are much more pricey..

This looks too "new" to be something like that. That is why it caught my eye, normally I like to look a collector colts and such but I cant afford anything like that yet. It looks like it has just been refinished within the last 5 yrs. or so.

and thanks for the feedback guys! Im still learnin!