In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kroger Rewards card

beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
I've read about the Kroger Rewards card (Mastercard) that by using it for gas purchases at Kroger
you get a 15 cent per gallon discount.

Anyone use this card?
0M9InwN.gif[

Comments

• Options
    owen219owen219 Member Posts: 3,799
    edited November -1
    Yes, but you will pay for it many times over by overpaying for their groceries.
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We shopped at K-Roger when we lived in Houston. Had a rewards card (not a credit card) and that gave us a few cents off of gas. Of course Gas was half what it costs now in the early 2000s.

I always thought the pricing was worth it at K-Roger.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea and you get 10cents off at shell to but have to earn points to do it. Krogers here where I live are always higher than anyone else so I don't bother
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just gotta remember its still just a credit card, if you're gonna use it pay it off!
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    i belive you get 5 cents on the kroger master card i get 3 cents on the standared kroger card..generaly rack 300 to 400 points a month so i take my gas cans and get my ration of 35 gallons..cause when you trade the points it is a one time deal
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We use the Kroger rewards (not the credit card) card. For every $100 we spend on groceries, we get a 10? per gallon reduction on either Kroger or Shell gas.

And I need all the help I can get with my 4x4 F-150. [:0]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Maalox
    We shopped at K-Roger when we lived in Houston. Had a rewards card (not a credit card) and that gave us a few cents off of gas. Of course Gas was half what it costs now in the early 2000s.

I always thought the pricing was worth it at K-Roger.

is called the Kroger Plus card, we built up so much on a plus card once that we got $.40 per gallon off
  • Options
    wvhuntwvhunt Member Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use the rewards CC and get 15 cents off and our krogers actually keeps their gas prices right in line with everyone else.
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bubba Jr.
    We use the Kroger rewards (not the credit card) card. For every $100 we spend on groceries, we get a 10? per gallon reduction on either Kroger or Shell gas.

And I need all the help I can get with my 4x4 F-150. [:0]

We do that as well. Our Kroger has pretty decent prices. They have an awesome markdown section, some dented cans or opened packages that are often marked down 50-75%.
  • Options
    wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    I wish we had a kroger here. Kroger has excellent quality stuff, for a fair price. If Kroger moved down here they would put all these crappy grocery stores out of business real quick. The stores around here have half rotten fruits and vegetable and think its made of gold for the price they charge. Then I have to go to at least 3 different grocery stores to find what I want. Kroger is always one stop and you get everything.