In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Range finder

bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,337 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
Looking for a good (not to expensive) range finder up to about 500 - 600 yds. Any recommendations?
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"

Comments

• Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Nikon or Bushnell.

My advice is to stay in the 250 range or wait until you can pay that much.

If you got a riflescope that you dont mind to send off, I am pretty sure a custom reticle designer can put you a scale or choke range finder into the scopes FOV.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Optics Planet has a Nikon 550 on sale for $199.00
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Hmm, I have never used that specific model.

I was thinking the Nikon Monarch 800. I have used mine alot, it isnt effected by the cold and damp. the 550 might be just as good.
  • Options
    sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought the Nikon Riflehunter 550 from a seller right here on GB 2 weeks ago and I love the unit. Check out his prices compared to others plus free shipping. I received my unit 7 days after I mailed my MO by Priority Mail. Unit received was NIB...Do not know how he can sell for so much less but as you can see in his feedback I am as happy as I can be with the GB transaction. Also - I do not know this seller and have never bought from him before. Here is his current auction of the unit I purchased in camo. He also has non-camo units Hope this helps.....Mark

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=198288835
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    I have a Bushnell Scout-laser rangefinder (0-1000yds-conventional/metric) with a trajectory crosshairs you set for your rifle cartridge !!

I can't tell you how much they are alone, cause I got mine as a joint purchase when I got the Bushnell 10x42 Binocular/ camera and the total was $300 bucks--works great !

[:o)][:o)] JIMBO
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mark,
    Thanks for the email, I checked out the auction you recommended and I bought one. You're right about his prices and with free shipping it's the best deal on the net.
    Thanks for everyone's input. [:)]
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    spend the extra $100 and buy the Leica. It will have resale value far above the cheaper ones.
  • Options
    wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    Get a mildot scope and you can use the mildots to find your range.

A times 27.77 = B
    B divided by C = D

27.77 is a constant
    A = Target height in inches (if you don't know guess)
    B = height in inches times 27.77
    C = mildot height (break the space between mildots down into the smallest unit you can,
    D = range in yards