In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Orlando Gun Show 22 ammo

gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
I went yesterday with the two other Gary's and was surprised to find all kinds of 22 ammo at very good prices. I saw CCI for 6 dollars a box and Federal for 5 dollars. The supply was there as most every dealer had bricks of 22's and even cases on some tables. Maybe its close to getting back to normal again.

Comments

• Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    SO what is normal[?][?]quote:Originally posted by gjshaw
    I went yesterday with the two other Gary's and was surprised to find all kinds of 22 ammo at very good prices. I saw CCI for 6 dollars a box and Federal for 5 dollars. The supply was there as most every dealer had bricks of 22's and even cases on some tables. Maybe its close to getting back to normal again.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to hear. I will ve in Tampa Monday and later in the week taking the family to Disneyworld, in Orlando, so no time for a gun show.
    Hopefully 22lr is finally becoming available again.
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    And I thought I found a good deal when I bought 10 boxes of CCI mini mag in a 30 cal ammo can at a garage sale for $40 last week[:0]
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    I do think the supply situation has improved a bunch.

A week ago today (Sunday) I saw two full shelves of .22 ammo at Cabelas in Arizona. At the Customer Service counter I was told they've been receiving shipments every day of the week for near to two months. They can still run out daily which just means the brands and package sizes may vary day to day.

So on my last visit it was hundreds of 50 round boxes of CCI LRN Standard Velocity at $4.99 each. A friend told me he was there the day before and it was other stuff, so the CCI delivery came after his Saturday morning visit.

Gett'n better ... gett'n better.
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by NOAH
    SO what is normal[?][?]

Somewhere North of $3.00 per gallon. [;)]

Oh, wait, they already did that and that was gasoline. We are used to that now and - THAT is the "new normal". [:(!]

I expect the "new normal" for .22 RF will hover around $5.00 per box - and then rise from there.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All things considered, $5 a box of 50 may not be way out of line. Consider: When I was a kid a box of 50 cost .50 (why is there not a cent symbol on a computer?). Gasoline cost around .15 (yeah I know, I was a kid a long time ago. That is more than a 20 fold increase in gas, while .22 will have only increased 10 fold.

Doc will thank me for this post.

This does not imply that I LIKE $5 .22s, only that it may not be out of line. I LIKE .50 .22s.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A long time ago when the Earth was green and there were more kinds of animals than you ever seen ...

Um, sorry, that was some silly old children's song ...

First time I bought .22's was at Pima Pistol Club north of Tucson. The range had a deal where they took letters of permission from parents and kept them on file. A kid could buy a single box of .22LR for 25 cents. It soon went up to 50 cents. I'd strap a rifle scabbard on my bicycle and peddle on down there. Buy a box, shoot some at a target and then go chase bunny rabbits in the desert nearby. When done I'd pick up my bike from where I'd stashed it and peddle on home.

Good times.

These days, a kid peddling a bicycle with a rifle in a scabbard could be seen as something requiring a SWAT response.

Different world, heck of a shame.
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    .75 cents is the lowest sticker price I can find on a box of 50 Hawthorne .22
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I remember buying 500 rounds of 22 LR ( brick ) for just over 9.00 regular price and on sale sometimes for less .
    I remember the SKS wave a rifle for 59.00 still in cases packed in grease any where in the gun show and a case 1000 or 1200 rounds of 7.62 for the same price. should have stocked up then [:0]
    20 years from now it will be the same
    MY first brand spanking new car was a 78 Mustang King Cobra . sticker was 6k ,
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nowhere to be found up North here Gary..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So I was in a Walmart late today. First time in a couple of months.

No .22 but I did notice there are once again empty spots with price tags for it on the shelves. That did not used to be there. It means it's been landing on those shelves and getting bought out. But is there often enough to warrant keeping a spot open. I didn't take notes but recall one of the prices was $25.38 per 500 of Federal.

Also saw Winchester white box 100 round of 9mm 115gr FMJ at $26. That's down from $32 a few months ago.

Federal .30-06 cheapest stuff was down to $17 again, had been $22.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    as kids in the early 50,s my brother and i bought .22lr for .30 cents a box of 50 and that .30 cents came from doing any thing we could short of stealing. we would hitch hike to a friends house 4-5 miles away and not think any thing of it and would get picked up guns and all in a few minuts, oh how i miss that rural live style, tho i was trying hard to go to the cities to see the bright lights. according to T.S. uncle albert,one of the i don,t give a crap crowd.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went into Walmart yesterday looking for whitebox .357. None on hand, but I was offered .22lr. "Got any CCI?" I asked, "No it is Winchester," was the reply. I felt pretty smug saying, "No thanks, I have a few thousand rounds of those." I'd still like some CCI.