In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Big Reno Gun Show

WMClarkWMClark Member Posts: 821
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
I see that the Big Reno Gun Show has decided to change venues. Instead of being held at the Grand Serra Resort it will now be held at the Reno/Sparks convention Center.

From what I gather the new last minute rules imposed by the GSR at the last show didn't go over well with Lou Fascio Productions, the vast majority of sellers, and the general public attendees.

It will end up costing the GSR approximately eight million in income a year from this three time a year event when hall rental, room revenue, food and beverage, gambling, and such are taken into account. That's a fairly high cost for their knee jerk reaction.

Comments

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,188 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's exactly what I said the Fascios might well do.

I started vending at that show when it was still the Shotgun News Show, and the hotel was the MGM Grand. Never missed one for 15 years through two hotel name changes, the end of the Shotgun News, and the death of Lou Fascio, Senior.

In those days, it was Lou who was the strict rules setter. You had to describe in writing what you were going to sell, and if you showed up with anything too far from that, he'd personally toss your butt out before you got set up, without refund. And woe betide you if you packed up and left early on Sunday, because you might not have a table next time.

Lou Jr slackened up somewhat on those rules (but not the early knockdown one, as I learned when I completely sold out once. Got reamed for closing up.) Then the current hotel people started getting snottier and more anti-gun. A bit worse every time. That seems to have finally crippled the camel. Good riddance to the (not so) Grand Sierra.

I hope the Fascios sue the bewhangus out of the GSR.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.