In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

High capacity mags to California

Tango102Tango102 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Some guy just ended my Gunbroker auction with "buy it now" for a Springfield P-9 with 17 round mags. He's in CALIFORNIA! I'm NOT an FFL. Can I ship gun and mags to his FFL guy in San Diego??? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    absolutely not on the magazines--10 rounders are the maximum allowed in CA by anyone but law enforcement--UNLESS the person owned the magazine before they had the ban on hi caps.-email him back and say so sorry. you also need to check to see if the gun is even on the CA approved list to be imported-if it is then you could import the gun but not the magazines and he would have to find 10 rounders.
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    Dealers can purchase hi-cap magazines if they have a permit issued from the CA DOJ. If the guy has the permit then there is no problem. No permit means no magazines.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
    theres the list for springfield guns---but unless the receiver of the gun is a LEO I don't know how the person who will be owning the gun would be legally allowed to import a hi cap into CA even if the FFL does have a permit.
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    Maybe the buyer is a LEO, maybe the guy's dealer keeps the high caps to waive a transfer fee or maybe the dealer just gives the buyer ten round magazines and pockets the hicaps for himself. The point is that the permits exist and if the bidder has an FFL and a magazine permit why over think this?

This is where we really miss Mark Christian. Old Mark knew these laws inside and out.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would tell him that because the laws in the state of California are sooooo hard to follow that you INSIST on sending them to an FFL in his area for him to pick up. He should have no problem if he is allowed to have them.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was looking at the DOJ's site and my god they have even MORE new gun laws since I left CA[xx(] My friends who still live there are now bemoaning the fact they have to pay more for their ammo if they hunt in an area that is a "lead free" area. With any luck the state will collapse economically and hit the flush button & start over with people that aren't such do gooders.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he is private maybe he is buying them for his brohter in another state? Contact him and tell him you can't ship to CA. As long as you don't mail them to CA it isn't an issue.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As the others have said, "NO" unfortunately[V]
  • Options
    Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just take the mags apart and tell the buyer your selling them as rebuild kits. That is if the gun is on the list or he is LEO.