In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

IMHO when the SHTF

TrupoBPTTrupoBPT Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
It will not happen anytime soon, probably never. The U.S. mainland (not Alaska) hasn't been attacked by a large infantry force for many years and one robber doesn't need an AK to take care of him, unless he has a gang with him. Fighting against the govenment isn't somthing I'd like to mention. What are you guys afraid of, I have no worries when it comes to my saftey war wise. I'm not going agianst anything just using the my freedom.

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,858 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Can't understand a damn thing you said.
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nor make sense of it!

Lance
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Mindless blather?

Focus on what it is that you want to say, take a deep breath, type slow and for Gods sake, proof-read what it is that you write before you hit the post new reply button.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TrupoBPT
    It will not happen anytime soon, probably never. The U.S. mainland (not Alaska) hasn't been attacked by a large infantry force for many years and one robber doesn't need an AK to take care of him, unless he has a gang with him. Fighting against the govenment isn't somthing I'd like to mention. What are you guys afraid of, I have no worries when it comes to my saftey war wise. I'm not going agianst anything just using the my freedom.
    I have the same issue as you it seems. I am scatter brained at times, and find it hard to organize my thoughts into a structure that makes sense to the rest of the members here. I think I understand what you are saying, and will try to answer.

When the shtf it is very possible that it may be started by people who are currently on the government dole who will be cut off when there is no money left to fund these programs. This would leave hoards of have nots trying to take that which they want from the haves.

Another scenario is that as the economy sinks further and further into the crapper, and jobs get more scarce, people will resort to criminal behavior just to put food on the table.

Either one of these scenarios will lead to the need of weapons and a plan for people who desire to protect their lives, and/or property from those wishing to take what they have
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    my neighbor's Chiwhuaha scares me[;)]
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like olive loaf, but not spam.
  • M-14BULLETTSM-14BULLETTS Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    when and if time comes TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE WILL TAKE OVER, YOU PROBUABLY WILL NOT HAVE TO THINK. You will have to do, what it is in your core beliefs tells you to.

NOW RELAX

THREE RULES
    1 YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH AMMO
    2 PRACTICE OFTEN (REFERE TO RULE ONE)
    3 NEVER TAKE ALL YOUR TOYS ON A BOAT---IT COULD SINK AND LOOSE THEM ALL
  • tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dano,we need to get to the bottom of what you call "non Traditional" marriages.

A couple getting married while naked in a submarine would be sort of non traditional to me. I know a white guy who is maried to an african american woman here and that is certainly non traditional here in MS. Tom
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMHO when the SHTF

It already has. "Take a good look around you and tell me people are rejoicing with happiness in the streets of America." The riot has been controlling you by a "Feel Good" media.[;)][:D]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by M-14BULLETTS
    NEVER TAKE ALL YOUR TOYS ON A BOAT---IT COULD SINK AND LOOSE THEM ALL
    Oh sure........NOW.......you tell me. [V]
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by M-14BULLETTS
    when and if time comes TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE WILL TAKE OVER, YOU PROBUABLY WILL NOT HAVE TO THINK. You will have to do, what it is in your core beliefs tells you to.

NOW RELAX

THREE RULES
    1 YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH AMMO
    2 PRACTICE OFTEN (REFERE TO RULE ONE)
    3 NEVER TAKE ALL YOUR TOYS ON A BOAT---IT COULD SINK AND LOOSE THEM ALL

NEVER move your safe on the bed of a truck during a lightning storm if you store magnesiu, in it.
    edited November -1

Brother, read the instructions on the Nyquol bottle before taking. Just because they put a plastic shot glass on the top of the bottle, does not mean you can shoot 4 or 5 or make a boilermaker out of it.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are many many possibilities that could be defined as SHTF. Are you speaking doomsday or just a revolt on the govt.? I don't think anyone will revolt against the govt. But I think society may turn on itself, and the govt, I mean the UN will have to intervene. That will be an ugly day, but far from the end of the world. I hope.

But if you are worried about the US being attacked, I would not lose much sleep over it. First off, long as we can fight them over there, we have no problems. We can go over there far easier than they could ever think of coming over here.

You have to consider things like 125M Americans who own some 300M guns. And that doesn't include the military. That alone is the single biggest challenge to anyone who wants to come here for war. They might take a building or two, a few planes. But they won't helicopter in, jump out and begin cutting a perimeter on US soil.

Any attack on America will be with missles. China, Russia, Iran whomever doesn't have enough ships to put their 1M man army on our soil. And every ship they send will be sunk by our fleet of subs, navy and air force. So they would loses 100's of thousands men before they even made it to our national waters. And if they did happen to make it, they would have more marines and army waiting on them than a single ship load of ak47's could handle.

We have the finest military personel in the world backed by the heaviest armed citizens. Nuking us would render the land useless, so what's to be gained in an attack? The world cannot exist without the American Soldier or the American Tax Payer. We cease to exist, the world will cease to exist.

IMHO
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They could do WORSE than a 50% divorce rate? Please let them get married....why should heterosexuals be the only ones stuck in marriages? [}:)]

Merc

quote:Originally posted by dano
    I'm afraid of non-traditional marriages. [V]

As if our society isn't messed up enough already. [:(]
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wanna bet? [}:)]

Merc

quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

Brother, read the instructions on the Nyquol bottle before taking. Just because they put a plastic shot glass on the top of the bottle, does not mean you can shoot 4 or 5 or make a boilermaker out of it.
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My biggest concern for outside attacks would come from EMP's. Just about everything that moves would grind to a halt. My old Ford F-150 would probably keep chugging along, but if the stations aren't pumping any gas, I'm screwed.

Our society runs on the microchip and one big EMP equals chaos.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Anthony -

You are about 17 or 18, aren't you ??

Doug
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My father was an Eagle Scout (I gave up after Cub Scouts) his motto like many other preppers is to Be Prepared.

TSHTF may come as a smaller event like: banks closing, bank holidays, riots, earthquake, national depression, flood, huricane, tornado, bird flu swine - swine flu outbreak with quarantine & mass casualties, long term / short term loss of electric power.

What are you going to eat (feed your family) when the credit card reader at your local restuarant or grocery store doesn't work for an extended amount of time? How are you going to get cash of the bank when it's closed?

What are you going to eat (feed your family) when the trucks stop rolling and stop filling up the grocery store shelves becuase of a massive quarantine from a flu outbreak?

How are you going to protect your family when the hordes of hungry angry people trying to feed their family's come to your door and want to loot what you have?

I myself will be prepared.
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1

Sterno or Aqua Velva ?
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

The question I have for this poster is:

Are you smoking crack, dropped a double dose of LSD or are you just very drunk???

If you posted this in your normal (for you, not the rest of us) state of mind may I suggest a therapist, like right now!!!

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1

If you feel that that is the case, don't worry then. I will be prepared though. Just don't expect me to share anything with you if it does happen though.
  • minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trapguy2007

Sterno or Aqua Velva ?

Bay Rum,cut with rubbing alcohol.

[8D]

Allen
  • 8000fthi8000fthi Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [black]The question I have for this poster is:

Are you smoking crack, dropped a double dose of LCD or are you just very drunk???

[/quote] WULFMAN that's funny LCD is a type of TV screen, it's LSD.
    edited November -1
    I was too polite to burn him on this.

Doug
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOL, guess I should have checked my spelling.

At least I didn't say Plasma or suggest he's been smoking a Dooby brother!!!

The sound you hear is me putting a bag over my head!![:p]

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    Here is what WILL happen.
    The economy is going to slide into a 1930's type depression, the government will continue to bail out the poor and tax the rich. The factories will close, Unemployment will continue up to over 25% municvipalities will be forced to cut their budgets. meaning fewer police and first responders. The Military will be further weakened by drastic cuts to defense spending.
    Each of these elements should be considered kindling for the coming fire.
    the will be a national catastrophy, natural or man made that will cause massive destruction in some region of the country. that will lead to looting, rioting and martial law, Gangs will try to take over cities across the country and the police will be unable to stop them on their own. The Nation Guard and eventually the army will be called in to protect the people.
    where your guns and ammo fit into this depends on where you live. If you are out in the country you might escape the violence but need a gun to protect your property, livestock. If you live in the city you will need your gun to save your life.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make sure you put away some food and water with those guns and ammo.
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] I love a good dogpile [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    It will not happen anytime soon, probably never. The U.S. mainland (not Alaska) hasn't been attacked by a large infantry force for many years and one robber doesn't need an AK to take care of him, unless he has a gang with him. Fighting against the govenment isn't somthing I'd like to mention. What are you guys afraid of, I have no worries when it comes to my saftey war wise. I'm not going agianst anything just using the my freedom.I hope so not.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drobs
    Make sure you put away some food and water with those guns and ammo.

Like this?

http://s1.zetaboards.com/survivalism/topic/1696204/1
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    quote: Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    The economy is going to slide into a 1930's type depression, the government will continue to bail out the poor and tax the rich. The factories will close, Unemployment will continue up to over 25% municvipalities will be forced to cut their budgets. meaning fewer police and first responders. The Military will be further weakened by drastic cuts to defense spending.
    the will be a national catastrophy, natural or man made that will cause massive destruction in some region of the country. that will lead to looting, rioting and martial law, Gangs will try to take over cities across the country and the police will be unable to stop them on their own. The Nation Guard and eventually the army will be called in to protect the people.
    where your guns and ammo fit into this depends on where you live. If you are out in the country you might escape the violence but need a gun to protect your property, livestock. If you live in the city you will need your gun to save your life.

Didn't Arthur C. Clark write that ??

Doug
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166

And you KNOW this how?
  • we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

If it takes a chicken and a half, a day in a half.....oh, nevermind
  • TrupoBPTTrupoBPT Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I get it from my mother. I'm just saying that nothing will ever hit the fan because there is nothing to be thrown at it.
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I get it from my mother. I'm just saying that nothing will ever hit the fan because there is nothing to be thrown at it.

Katrina was nothing?
  • TrupoBPTTrupoBPT Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    Anthony -

Doug

A little younger, try 13. [8D]

And Katrina was something, but you can't fight nature.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    Anthony -

Doug

A little younger, try 13. [8D]

And Katrina was something, but you can't fight nature.

Who said "fight" nature.
    edited November -1
    HEY !!

What the hell have you got against sheep ??

They are sweet, and know how to work that moneymaker.

Lighten up !!

Doug
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1

Nobody ever said that it could only come from an outside source. Natural disasters could easily make SHTF. A complete downfall of the economy and government could as well. If you think that CAN'T happen, you will be one of the first to be affected. Or one of the first to be shot trying to steal provisions from a member of this forum.