In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

this didn't go well!!

SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=129400247

and it's the wrong ammo to boot!
gotta feel bad for a new seller!

Comments

• Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    Matter of perspective....looks like it went well for the buyer.
  • dbain99dbain99 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sucks that the sell wont go through
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    if he pulls that to often his feed back will be all negative
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Starting your first sale off with an F is not exactly a ringing endorsement! If I were making my first sale I'd do whatever it takes (and sometimes it take a LOT) to make sure that sale #1 ended with an A+.
  • JohnnylikesgunsJohnnylikesguns Member Posts: 2,887 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by moonshine
    if he pulls that to often his feed back will be all negative

IT IS!
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is his only feedback:

F: Refuses to honor commitment. Resorted to calling me names. Lied about canceling auction. Made a mistake and said he was offered more money. Do not buy from him.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
    edited November -1
    Man...I missed that. I figured that since he listed it at .01 and it sold for .01 he would have to honor that commitment. I would, and have honored stuff like that before. What a Rube.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why on EARTH did he re-list the same auction with the problems? Not very smart.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    A Man's WORD is his TRUE worth. Be it good bad or otherwise
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:Why on EARTH did he re-list the same auction with the problems? Not very smart.

you mean this is the SECOND time he did this? no wonder he only got one bid!
    he could have at least corrected the caliber offered!
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess I'm missing something. How is it the wrong caliber?
    edited November -1
    quote:Guess I'm missing something. How is it the wrong caliber?

OOOPS!
    I was looking at the stripper clips thinking it was 7.62.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tplumeri

Something hinky with this whole listing. Seller is Tinkerbell1111 and the buyer was Tinkerbell139.
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    Its hard now to have two names under the same IP. I had two names on the auction side. One was mine and the other my wife. She wanted on so she would be able to buy me stuff for fathers day. Anyway they closed the other account and lock my current one.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

Something hinky with this whole listing. Seller is Tinkerbell1111 and the buyer was Tinkerbell139.

I noticed that.
    edited November -1
    quote:Something hinky with this whole listing. Seller is Tinkerbell1111 and the buyer was Tinkerbell139.

I noticed that.

this seller should be banned.
    first he doesn't follow thru on a sale and now he's got shill bids. you'd think he'd be smart enough not to use similar screen names!
    I ended up with two names on the auction side by accident.
    I bought a gun 6 yrs ago and had set up an account. then I sold a gun and set up a seller account. I deleted one of the accounts before anyone noticed.
  • 1fisher1fisher Member Posts: 1,012 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think that it was a shill bidder - that is who the F rating came from. Are there that many people with tinkerbell user names?
    edited November -1
    quote:I don't think that it was a shill bidder - that is who the F rating came from.

I withdraw my comment about shill bids.
    weird coincidence though.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1

Maybe he gave himself negative feedback, self punishment.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are pretty serious about that IP address thing. I let someone log onto their account from my computer and it caused them to lock my account. We were at the store and someone knew I had an item on Gun Broker. I let them look at the gun, but told them they couldn't buy it unless they bid on it and won through Gun Broker. They asked if they could borrow my computer and they would put in a bid. I thought it wouldn't hurt since they were using their own account. NOOOOOOO....It mattered a LOT. I contacted Customer Service and they fixed it that same day, but I was in panic mode for a bit. I thought "WHAT WILL I DO IF I'M BANNED FROM GUN BROKER!!!" That is when I realized just how much I depend on this site. I am a level TEN junkie when it comes to Gun Broker.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    Seller deserves what he got. No matter what, it was his stupid mistake and he should be man enough to suck it up and honor his sale! GB should ban this seller.[;)]
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a similar situation come up when I first started selling brass...
    Didn't know how to list or where to start. Watched a few auctions start at $.01 and seen 'em go well.
    Started an auction of 500 pcs 45ACP de-primed, sized, and cleaned.
    5 days later, the auction ended and I shipped 500 pcs for $.01 plus $4.95 for shipping USPS.
    The buyer felt so bad about buying $35 worth of brass for $.01 he ASKED if he could buy more and made a price offer!!!
    I sold him another $60.00 worth of brass and would do it again!
    You word is your worth... Made several good sells from then on and was very proud of the what I shipped. Never had one single complaint.
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1

That is what I was thinking as well, I guess when you got two tinkerbells you're gonna have trouble[:0]
    edited November -1
    My Priest when growing up used to say

A true measure of a man is what he does when nobody is looking, or there are no earthly consequences for his actions.