In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kennedy machinist tool box.

BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
Anybody familiar with the Kennedy machinist tool box??? Since the
gunsmithing shop closed few years ago I am getting rid of about everything. Planning on putting two of these on the for sale forum..
But where would I list them??? Under Cabinets???or everything else??

Comments

• Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kennedy's are like an investment, they're made well and keep going up in price.

How about under the 1911 section![;)]
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Very nice,super high quality old boxes.I have no use for one but would still like to have one for the tools I do have.
    (nothing really machinist)
  • Options
    onepopperonepopper Member Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got three. They have been in use since 1974.
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    make sure you notice us here when you put them up!
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will watch and see how it does. Sold my roll around and stacker years ago. Still have the large top box and some mics, gages, and other goodies. Sitting dormant haven't been inside it for years. Brings back a lot of memories. No clue what it is worth.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I have some also one day I am going to need to sell Lots of things I have 5 STAR reloaders for pistol ammo and most likely 40 or more powder bars to fit these machines i have some hand tools as well as power tools that have never been used but I purchased in the mid 1960's all my IBM tools ETC used on Key punch machines and all kinds of mechanical IBM machines even a 2 station offset printing press. It is just my nature growing up working on stuff and not having all the tools needed to do the repair.
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use my kennedy tool boxes every day. I will be watching for your auction. Start them at a penny and you will not be disappointed . Take lots of pictures and list the model numbers if you can find them.
  • Options
    catgunguycatgunguy Member Posts: 6,089
    edited November -1
    I had one for years, sold it and now am sorry. Loved it.
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 3 which are the top tray style. Store primarily big, heavy wrench sets in them and only pull them out when needed. Almost like new.
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my top box and bottom roll around in my basement now after 43 years on the job..most of my general tools i left with my apprentice at the last job. mics and gauges will go to my son's vo-tech classes this next fall. wrenches and socket sets stay here-at least for a while[:D]