In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just popped the cork

7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
on the second bottle of wine after dinner. About 1/4 of the way through a fine cigar and theres a lot of bitching going on in here.

How is it in your world?

My world is full of ponies that eat rainbows and crap butterflies!

How about yours?

Comments

• reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You could probably make some money with those ponies...I mean if they can eat a rainbow...they get to the pot of gold[;)]
  • Fly DoctorFly Doctor Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    Man, I thought muckin' regular horse hockey was bad.
    That must have one awful smell!! [:D]

Just finished a camp coffee mix -
    coffee, hot chocolate, and Capt. Morgan's.

Sittin' by my refurbished, old No. 153 Hot Blast-Air Tight Florence wood stove, feedin' it good dried oak. It's the same stove ya see in the bar scenes in "The Quick and the Dead" with Sharon Stone. Throws heat like a dragon! Startin' to rain outside and coolin' down. Good night to cuddle up with the cattle dog.
  • 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    You could probably make some money with those ponies...I mean if they can eat a rainbow...they get to the pot of gold[;)]

Thats a good point. Those little meanies never mentioned any gold they may have found!

Time for a talk with the livestock!
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    Good! Had a dinner in honor of the widows. Had some old school singers pop off some 30's stuff and ate chicken and brisket.

Enjoy your wine!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Fly Doctor
    Man, I thought muckin' regular horse hockey was bad.
    That must have one awful smell!! [:D]

Just finished a camp coffee mix -
    coffee, hot chocolate, and Capt. Morgan's.

Sittin' by my refurbished, old No. 153 Hot Blast-Air Tight Florence wood stove, feedin' it good dried oak. It's the same stove ya see in the bar scenes in "The Quick and the Dead" with Sharon Stone. Throws heat like a dragon! Startin' to rain outside and coolin' down. Good night to cuddle up with the cattle dog.

Nothing beats that wood heat on those cold nights!

And an old cow dog to talk to doesnt hurt a thing!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by storm6490
    Good! Had a dinner in honor of the widows. Had some old school singers pop off some 30's stuff and ate chicken and brisket.

Enjoy your wine!

I could deal without the yard bird but it sounds like a good time to me!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7RiverMan7

She's the most pleasant b-i-t-c-h I've ever had the pleasure of sharin' an evenin' with! [:D]
    edited November -1

Enjoy your wine!

wasn't that bad! kinda cool to hear the elders sing songs from the past. our music is really bland and generic compared to their creative tunes.
    edited November -1

Enjoy your wine!

wasn't that bad! kinda cool to hear the elders sing songs from the past. our music is really bland and generic compared to their creative tunes.

The music sounds great, I meant the chicken I could do without!
    edited November -1

She's the most pleasant b-i-t-c-h I've ever had the pleasure of sharin' an evenin' with! [:D]

And she probably doesnt complain about table scraps either!
    edited November -1

Enjoy your wine!

The music sounds great, I meant the chicken I could do without!

LOL I thought you were talking charlie parker!

http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10033848A~Charlie-Parker-Yard-Bird-Posters.jpg

im not exactly firing on all 8 right now!
    edited November -1
    LMOA[:D][:D]

Never even thought about it that way!
    edited November -1

And she probably doesnt complain about table scraps either!

Not the scraps we usually have!! [:D]

DogBrownTrout.jpg
    edited November -1
    Nice trout! Brown?

Are you doing the spring ice off fishing?

Where are you by the way?
  • westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ponies, rainbows, and butterflies being crapped out of a pony. Is there a green fairy too, you might of gotten into the Absinthe instead of the wine.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by westernMDhunter
    Ponies, rainbows, and butterflies being crapped out of a pony. Is there a green fairy too, you might of gotten into the Absinthe instead of the wine.

I don't even know what that word means but I'm ok with that!
    edited November -1
    Nice trout! Brown?

Are you doing the spring ice off fishing?

Where are you by the way?

Thanks. Nope, it's a sea-run brown of the Loch Leven strain planted in my home river at the turn of the century. (Well, the last century. Sheesh, I'm gettin' old. [;)]) Used to really like fishin' the North Platte in WY after ice-off. Great brown, cutt-bow and rainbow pocket water in North Gate Canyon, very reminiscent of this river here.

Don't hold it against me, but I live in Trinity County in northwestern CA, along the Trinity River directly across river from 550K acres of wilderness and backed up to 30 miles of national forest. To make ya feel better, it's a demographically conservative county with a measly population of 13K people - the least populated county in the Land of Fruits and Nuts. Great fishin' and blacktail and bear huntin'. Even has some elk, 'though it's hard to locate 'em in this steep, extremely rugged terrain and it's an impossible draw. That's why I still go back to WY to bowhunt elk, deer and antelope each year - that and to hunt with old friends there.

Bottom line is that it's the closest I could get to retaining something of my former WY lifestyle while living close enough to my aging parents to take care of them as they need it. A guy's gotta do what he's gotta do, especially where the folks are concerned.
    edited November -1

Absinthe. Drink-Up.
    200px-Absinthe-glass.jpg
    edited November -1
    Well, as long as it's for the better of your folks, I suppose it's OK.

It's good to hear your a bow hunter((even if it's out of state)(state being California))

You sound pretty level headed and your welcome to visit my stomping grounds anytime!
    edited November -1

Absinthe. Drink-Up.
    200px-Absinthe-glass.jpg

What is it?
    edited November -1
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

A reservoir glass filled with a naturally colored verte, next to an absinthe spoon.Absinthe is historically described as a distilled, highly alcoholic (45%-74% ABV) beverage.[1][2][3][4] It is an anise-flavored spirit derived from herbs, including the flowers and leaves of the herb Artemisia absinthium, commonly referred to as "grande wormwood". Absinthe traditionally has a natural green color but can also be colorless. It is commonly referred to in historical literature as "la f?e verte" (the Green Fairy).

Although it is sometimes mistakenly called a liqueur, absinthe was not bottled with added sugar and is therefore classified as a spirit.[5] Absinthe is unusual among spirits in that it is bottled at a very high proof but is normally diluted with water when drunk.

Absinthe originated in the canton of Neuch?tel in Switzerland. It achieved great popularity as an alcoholic drink in late 19th- and early 20th-century France, particularly among Parisian artists and writers. Due in part to its association with bohemian culture, absinthe was opposed by social conservatives and prohibitionists. Charles Baudelaire, Paul Verlaine, Arthur Rimbaud, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Vincent van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, and Aleister Crowley were all notorious 'bad men' of that day who were (or were thought to be) devotees of the Green Fairy.[6]

Absinthe was portrayed as a dangerously addictive psychoactive drug.[7] The chemical thujone, present in small quantities, was singled out and blamed for its alleged harmful effects. By 1915, absinthe had been banned in the United States and in most European countries except the United Kingdom, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Although absinthe was vilified, no evidence has shown it to be any more dangerous than ordinary spirit. Its psychoactive properties, apart from those of alcohol, have been much exaggerated.[7]

A revival of absinthe began in the 1990s, when countries in the European Union began to reauthorize its manufacture and sale. As of February 2008, nearly 200 brands of absinthe were being produced in a dozen countries, most notably in France, Switzerland, Spain, and the Czech Republic.[8] Commercial distillation of absinthe in the United States resumed in 2007.[
    edited November -1
    Well crap, it certainly could be but the label says pinot grigio.

I dont speak that language but it tastes pretty friggin good.
    edited November -1
    Well crap, it certainly could be but the label says pinot grigio.

I dont speak that language but it tastes pretty friggin good.

That's all that matters.
    edited November -1

It's good to hear your a bow hunter((even if it's out of state)(state being California))

You sound pretty level headed and your welcome to visit my stomping grounds anytime!

Much appreciated, RiverMan. Yeah, it's a tough row to hoe... Had a great job in WY, workin' summers in wall tents up on the Continental Divide along a Colorado River cutthroat stream below a historic, abandoned copper mine in the Sierra Madres. Also helped Weed & Pest districts with monitoring and treating grasshopper outbreaks on rangeland in the Carbon Co. region. It was great workin' with local ranchers. Reminded me of old family.

I returned here after the grandparents passed away, to help my folks by takin' the reigns as a sixth generation cattle rancher on the spread my great, great, great granddad founded in 1852. Promised Grandma on her death bed that I'd do it, plus I loved the old place. But two years into it, the Fairy State had other uses for our then 152 year-old ranch - environmental mitigation of a new highway. Stole it for pennies on the dollar (eminent domain crap) after two years of legal battles. After that, I moved from the upper Sac Valley to here to stay close to the folks while avoiding the urban liberals. Good to be close to Mom & Dad, no doubt, but livin' in this f*****d up state really sticks in my craw.

Oh, well. Better quit whining. [:(][;)] Life's pretty good where I'm at and, Lord knows, it could be worse in this craphole of a state...

I could be livin' in the Gay Bay, with Gavin Newsome as a neighbor and a transexual police commissioner! [xx(][:D]

You guys aren't the only one's longin' for a big coastal quake!! [;)]
    edited November -1
    That's what I thought
    edited November -1

Much appreciated, RiverMan. Yeah, it's a tough row to hoe... Had a great job in WY, workin' summers in wall tents up on the Continental Divide along a Colorado River cutthroat stream below a historic, abandoned copper mine in the Sierra Madres. Also helped Weed & Pest districts with monitoring and treating grasshopper outbreaks on rangeland in the Carbon Co. region. It was great workin' with local ranchers. Reminded me of old family.

I returned here after the grandparents passed away, to help my folks by takin' the reigns as a sixth generation cattle rancher on the spread my great, great, great granddad founded in 1852. Promised Grandma on her death bed that I'd do it, plus I loved the old place. But two years into it, the Fairy State had other uses for our then 152 year-old ranch - environmental mitigation of a new highway. Stole it for pennies on the dollar (eminent domain crap) after two years of legal battles. After that, I moved from the upper Sac Valley to here to stay close to the folks while avoiding the urban liberals. Good to be close to Mom & Dad, no doubt, but livin' in this f*****d up state really sticks in my craw.

Oh, well. Better quit whining. [:(][;)] Life's pretty good where I'm at and, Lord knows, it could be worse in this craphole of a state...

I could be livin' in the Gay Bay, with Gavin Newsome as a neighbor and a transexual police commissioner! [xx(][:D]

You guys aren't the only one's longin' for a big coastal quake!! [;)]

You sound like an archery elk hunt would help.

If you need some help finding them[;)] give me a shout.

Put in for a tag, the worst that can happen is you dont get it.
    edited November -1
    Thanks! That's damned generous. I'll keep it in mind for next year, if I haven't lost my mind here by then! [;)]

I've already drawn my WY elk tag for this year. Goin' back to my old work stompin' grounds as usual. Get to fish for cutts, shoot a grouse or two, cook up some chanterelles and boletes, and hopefully tag a bull - or at least call one into pants-pissin' distance! [;)]

Still waitin' to hear on WY antelope and deer, which Dad and I still put in for as a "group." Also just found out that I drew a statewide UT deer tag this year! Lookin' to hunt an area just north of the Paunsagaunt. Haven't done it before, so it'll be a steep learnin' curve as far as terrain goes.

Had some fairly extensive ankle/foot surgery earlier in the year and am still pretty gimpy. The older ya get, the slower that goes. Don't know how well I'll be huntin' this year, but it'll still be fun to go. Just enjoy talkin' to elk.

Thanks again, my friend. Good to be welcome in elk camp!
    edited November -1
    Let me know before you put in next year, if Montana is on the agenda.

I will shoot you some #'s.

Good luck this year!
    edited November -1
    Let me know before you put in next year, if Montana is on the agenda.

I will shoot you some #'s.

Good luck this year!

Thanks!! You, too - and watch out for them damn squirrels... [;)]

ArcheryGearinElkCamp.jpgBewareBuglingSquirrels.jpg