In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Crimson Trace for EAA Witness

stroker393stroker393 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Purchased 2 weeks ago a NIB EAA Witness 9mm full-size and just love it. I have run 300 rounds ( FMJ,HP,SHP ) through it with no problems and accuracy is great right out of the box. Crimson Trace makes lasergrips for the CZ75 (#LG475) but no listing for EAA's. As anyone tried to mount these on a Witness ?

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    email CT or go into there forum.you may get some answers there.
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    The Witness is the same as the CZ97b, not the 75... see if you can find 'em for the 97
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iwannausername
    The Witness is the same as the CZ97b, not the 75... see if you can find 'em for the 97

To be clear, the full size Witness is similar in frame size to the CZ97. I'd contact Crimson trace and ask them if they have a model that will fit this pistol.

The older 9mm Witness guns were built on a small frame similar to the CZ-75.
  • Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Yep, two different frame sizes. If the Crimson trace for the CZ75 would fit, it would be on the older small frame.
  • stroker393stroker393 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I contacted Crimson Trace and they really want alot of help. The customer service rep was reading from the catalog; basically the same info anyone can get from their website:

customerLaser sights for CZ 75B and 75BD
    CZ 75 B and BD 9mm Luger only (Fullsize frames with no ambi-safety)
    LG-475 Rubber Overmold

If the CZ and the EAA are close in design maybe the difference in fitment could be a simple issue but we want know until someone has both guns and the laser to check but Crimson Trace isn't going to aquire an EAA to test for all of us ready to drop $300 for the grips. My money is burning a hole in my pocket; is yours?