In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Need computer help

tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I don't know what happened, but I think one of my settings has changed itself. My screen display is HUGE. I can get into the Control Panel, but some of the pages won't display the full page and there is no way to scroll down on them.

Anybody know how I can get a normal display back.

I think the computer thnks I am blind.

Thanks.

Comments

• tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a couple of old ISP's that keep showing up on my machine. how can i remove all traces of old ISP's??

Example: I have dropped Dixieconnect and bell south and soon to drop Netzero. I want to remove all traces of these. How do I go about it?? Any and all help appreciated. Thanks, Tom
    edited November -1
    The buttons for page forward and backward are not working now. Im guessing that somehow thay were turned off. How do i turn them back on? I am useing Netscape.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
    edited November -1
    I lost the google search on my computer. If I try to reinstall or go to any google it comes up to a 404 not found. What do I do?
    edited November -1
    Not me but my neighbor does. She can access the internet just fine but cannot enter any site that requires her to use her password, ie, her bank account or her email.

Can any of you offer any info to help me help her out? Thanks, Tom
    edited November -1
    I have an INTEL USB video camera and I can take pictures with it and transport them to My Photos file. After that I am lost. I want to be able to send the pictures in email. How do I do that. Instructions must be VERY explicit since I am an idiot when it comes to PCs. My computer genius son is always too busy or not available when I try to get this set up. Maybe some of you here can help. Thanks much, Tom
    edited November -1
    what can i download to get rid of all the malware,grayware,exc......
    ran scan nothing found.but can't get the pop-ups to stop and alerts
    to stop
    thanks scott
    edited November -1
    Hey ya'll. My FIL just changed from dial-up to a satelite connection. Now we're having trouble with his email. I can send him an email with just words in it and he receives it fine, but if I add a picture (attachment) in it he doesn't receive the email. He uses Outlook Express for his email, and I use AOL (yeah I know). We've tried just about everything with no success. Its got to be some setting we're overlooking. Anyone got any ideas? Speak slowly, I'm not the most computer literate.[:D] Thanks for ya'lls help!

Ben
    edited November -1
    I recently received a CD with parts list for my ATV. I can't get it to load on my computer. I have windows XP. I put it in the reader and nothing happens. Do I have to give it any commands to get it to load? All other CD's I have used had prompts pop up on screen that had to be clicked on or something.

Any suggestions on how to get this disc to load. Thanks, Tom
    edited November -1
    Yesterday, I did an upgrade, the kind that pops up and suggest you upgrade, and it has totally screwed me up. I don't have a favorets place at top of screen to click on. What I want to do is reset computer back a couple of days. I have done it before but forget the steps. What do I do to reset?? Thanks much, Tom
    edited November -1
    I recently bought a Lexmark all-in-one. When I scan a document to email it out I get a pop up that asks if my incomming server is POP3, IMAP, or HTTP. It also asks if an SMTP server that is used for my outgoing mail. They are talking Greek to me. What the heck is POP2, HTTP, ETC. How do I find out? I'm just plain confused. Any help appreciated. Tom
    edited November -1
    Company gave me two more computers that was in storage and one has a windows XP PRO pass word. Problem is it came from the old system and the person who used the computer is long gone. This would make a kid a fair computer to have fun on. I have plenty of memory for it but can't get in!! HELP!! No it's not a CMOS password. I have a two CD system restore that don't work on it.
    edited November -1
    Need to run from main frame to computer about 600 to 700 feet distance. Is there a signal booster that would allow me to do that? Tried it with CAT 5 and It's too slow to be practical. Also is there a wireless unit that will reach out that far? Thanks
    edited November -1
    i have a major problem with my desk top every time i turn it on it goes to blue screen will not reboot can't get to anything it always comes back to blue screen any help.how can i restore the whole thing even if i lose everthing saved i dont care just would like to use it,
    edited November -1
    I have VISTA and suddenly I get an error message saying;

Internet Explorer can not open sight http://mail.google.com.... when I try to log in to G-mail.

What the heck is going on now?
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,020 ******
    edited November -1
    Depends. Is she hot?
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Find out who changed her password and get the new one or access the sites and request a new password.
    edited November -1
    Passwords have not been changed. She can access from another computer, she just cannot access ANY of her accounts which require a password from her old computer. She has to borrow her sis's computer to read her email.

Yep, she is very hot for a 70yo widow!! Tom
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Try swapping out her keyboard. A key may be sticking.
  • acdoddacdodd Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She may have cookies disabled.
    AC
  • acdoddacdodd Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drjew
    Try swapping out her keyboard. A key may be sticking.

You could try typing something in notepad or word and prove or disprove a keyboard problem.
    AC
    edited November -1
    acdodd, tell me about the cookies. How do you enable/disable them. How can I tell if they are disabled? Thanks, Tom
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    When you say "can't access" does that mean the web page is not displayed or is the page displayed, she types in her password (you can see the little *** as she types) but it says "Invalid Login attempt"?

If is is the second one, yep, test the keyboard. If the first, post back here. it could be several different things to IE security setup, to needing updated addons.

let me know.
    edited November -1
    BaseJumper, yes, it is the first. She types in her PW and then she gets the "invalid login". Appreciate your help. Tom
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    possible she has numbers in her password and has the number lock enabled on her keyboard ?
    edited November -1
    Ok, going to try everyting I can think of in order of most likely to least likely:

1. NUM LOCK or CAPS LOCK keys are on/off.
    2. Faulty keyboard or sticking key (test all keys in word pad, including SHIFT key)
    3. virus that remaps keys (does she have antivirus software?) or other virus. Could be annoying one or truly malicious that captures keystrokes.
    4. someone messed with windows settings and selected a foreign keyboard layout.
    5. keyboard cable is loose
    6. keyboard is okay but the data sent to mother board is not interpreted correctly (could be any number of hardware failures, try a new keyboard first.) If new keyboard does the same thing, try a USB keyboard (assuming that her keyboard plugs into a PS/2 type connection.
  • IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Delete all the cookies and try again.
    edited November -1
    Yeah, shoulda put that as number 2. Go to IE menu and find the option to delete saved passwords & form data, delete cookies, temporary internet files and delete browsing history.

There I go assuming again. Never was good at tech support on the phone/internet.

If you don't use IE, then whatever browser you are using. You can also confirm/deny browser issues by using a new one (Firefox or Safari are good) to see if you have same issue.