In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

it hovered and i shot it to smithereens

discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
65 yo Virginia lady shoots down a drone. a quiet afternoom, following church, saw this lady cleaning her 2 shotguns when she heard the buzzing. the drone hovered and KABLOOEY. great story here!

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/m/a7d279ef-97cb-37f3-9ae7-58b25b836d9d/ss_woman-shoots-drone:-“it.html

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    read it earlier on yahoo
    good for her and a good shot to boot [:D][:D]

I have also read there was a law or trying to get one if you shoot one down and the owner / operator is licensed there considered a pilot its a crime felony ? like taking out a aircraft [:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I'm a big fan of RC aircraft, but it bothers me that fellow enthusiasts somehow feel it appropriate to inflict a fun hobby upon the rights of others.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Snooping with a camera on private property should not be protected, hovering would in my opinion open the craft up to kablooey.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Someone should offer to mount it for her so she can hang it up over the mantle! Nice shootin', ma'am!
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here it's illegal to shoot down a drone. It shouldn't be but it is.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    if it stops for a peek, give it a load of # 7.5 shot.if i,m on your jury, you will walk. mr myopic.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Invasion of privacy. I did not ask you to fly that thing over my home and take pics of whatever you want. Both barrels..
  • Options
    TcattTcatt Member Posts: 342 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My brother has one. Not a toy, can fly hundreds of feet in the air and miles from your location, has advanced photo and video capabilities.

We fly ONLY in rural areas, great for scouting and looking at you duck blinds, etc.

They can present a definite invasion of privacy, some are toys, but one with a camera buzzing around the beach, public areas, etc should be dealt with the same way one would deal with a perv walking around with a mirror on their shoe.
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They question just how much airspace a person can claim over their own property. I figure if you can down one with a 12 ga. loaded with #7 1/2 shot, it was in your airspace.
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very close to where I grew up....I use to deliver parts out there when I was working summers in between college semesters.

Kinda makes me miss home...[}:)]