In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Looking to buy a flashlight, need advice

2»

Comments

• drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    quote:Originally posted by drobs
    I hear there is now an LED conversion for maglights that supposed to be a "game changer."

https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.com/

No 1st hand experience though but review on other forums are up there.

I got the one made by Nitize, LED insert and a button switch for the base. The button switch still works, the LED was gone in less than a year. That is a game changer all right, One I would avoid.

Seems like all the flashlight nerds swear by these Malkoff conversions. Flashlights just don't blow my skirt up.

I need a couple 4 weapon lights and will probably just buy some cheap Streamlights.

My $100 Fenix is still going good 6 years later. Put it on strobe and it will cause convulsions in those that are prone to them.
  • Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kissgoodnight
    I want a light that is powerful but still kinda compact. I looked for one on GunBroker but know so little about them. If someone can give me a link to a good one, I will name my next child after them. (not really). Thanks.

How compact?
    Is this a light for going through the woods to a deer stand when hunting and for use in a backpack during the day?
    or Mainly a light to do tasks (work)

General idea of maximum price you would pay?

Reason I ask is I have couple of RELIABLE brands that I use. reliable means they always work correctly when I reach for them.

And they give a pre-warning when they need charged.
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I reccomend streamlight, specifically the microstream or stylus pro for a powerful compact pocket capable flashlight.

Check out NUTNFANCY's reviews on YouTube. The guy does some pretty awesome reviews on gear and guns and flashlights are no exception