In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

EVER BEEN..

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Ever been sleeping so sound that when the alarm went off, you had no clue as to what was making the noise?....Even after you laid there comtemplating the noise, you still had no idea what was causing it?...

Seems like a long time passes before you do finally realize what the noise is, but its actually only seconds...

Weird..

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    happens to me all the time (old age)
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    I woken up to the alarm only to realize that I've already hit the snooze button once. That is weird.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I woke up an hour and a half before my alarm today. Then I decided that I had another hour and a half to sleep, so I rolled over and went back to bed.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have A drive way alarm. Couple of nights ago it went off. Did not get up till I noticed my male cat sitting there with a worried look on his face. He does not like the alarm.

Was just a deer.
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    i have dreamed the alarm was the backup alarm on my highlift,and ignored the sumbitch and was late[:0][B)]
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every day [:D]
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I've hit the snooze and not known it.

If a quiet travel alarm (beepbeep) I've slept through it.

But if a real alarm, out of range so I don't hit the snooze- I'm up within seconds.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What's an alarm [?][:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I usually dont bother with an alarm, the 3 brats wake me up...but not this morning, and when that alarm went off, I must have been in another part of the world cause I sure didnt know what the heck the noise was...

Any other morning, the Queen of the house, will wake me by sitting on my chest (12 pounds)...if that doesnt work then the Princess with poke me in the arm with her claws (it hurts) and failing that?...well the 3rd one comes in, and bites my toes, knees, elbows-- pretty much anywhere he can get ahold...

They know the routine, up, bathroom, and then FOOD FOOOD FOOD!!!!...even before I have my coffee, so maybe that is why I didnt know what the heck was ringing in my ears...not used to hearing it ...*LOL
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:They know the routine, up, bathroom, and then FOOD FOOOD FOOD!!!!...even before I have my coffee, so maybe that is why I didnt know what the heck was ringing in my ears...not used to hearing it ...*LOL

Mine have dry food all the time. But can food is my Dinner time that way they are programed to leave me alone.
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Alarm. What is this alarm you speak of?
  • longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was sleeping so soundly once that I didn't wake up untill my drill sargent drug me out of bed by my foot. Then I remembered where I was. It got uglier after that.
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    Woke up and lit a cigarette, still fighting sleep. The alarm went off, I tried to turn off the ash tray but I couldn't find the button, and then I put the cigarette out on the alarm clock. I was trying to remember where I worked and what city I was in. And I was under thirty. You should see me now.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    dnelson457:

Mine have dry food all the time too, BUT they get canned food twice a day...

The dry food is not a grain ingredient dry food...first ingredient is turkey or fish...the canned food is their treat...
  • mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    I' don't use an alarm. Wake up an hour to half hour about the
    same time every day.
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have from time to time....thats why i generally set 4 alarms. one clock, 3 on my cell phone in 10 min. incraments.

Pretty intresting sometimes....but I have to be ontime with my job.