In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Everything went well. Most things, anyway.

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Made it out to the range today. Shot my Savage 99 in 303 Savage and my Cogswell & Harrison double rifle in 375 Nitro Express. I had forgotten how much fun that rifle is to shoot. Anyway, after 20 rounds of 303 and 23 rounds of 375 my shoulder felt fine. The exercises are definitely helping.

But the 99 won't feed. Rounds just stick or they hitch and the lever has be pulled back a tad then pushed again. Needs tinkering.

Trouble with double rifles is getting the barrels to shoot to the same point of impact. Mine seems capable to doing this. At least at 50 yards.

First target show two shots at right about 1.75" apart (left and right barrels). The two on the left are .75". The second target has two rounds about 3/8" apart. Almost in the same hole. Now I have to work on making holes in the middle of the target.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a good time at the range !!!
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might not be exactly in the center of the target, but I sure wouldn't want to be holding that target downrange. Your double seems to be shooting Minute of Critter just fine.

I always wanted a double rifle. A bit jealous here.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    According to some on this forum, your rifling may not be stabilizing the bullets.[:)]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    According to some on this forum, your rifling may not be stabilizing the bullets.[:)]
    ?