In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dick Cheney's Book,

whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
"In My Time" is an interesting and well-constructed book. I recommend it to history and political.

Clouder..

Comments

• Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I liked his first book "Face Shooting Lawyers for Fun and Profit", better.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    whiteclouder, I am surprised to see that you like this book

Dick Cheney lied and manipulated my country into the Iraq War, which may go down as the biggest foreign policy disaster in American history.
    Vietnam is number one right now, but Iraq may turn out to be even worse.

I am not interested in reading anything that this lying schemer has to write.
    If the world were a fair place, Dick Cheney would be in leg irons, on trial at The Hague for war crimes.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    n753225017_2688199_1521.jpg

I'm with allen on this. Cheney is a lying dirtbag.
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    l remember another ''dick'' from years past.. The election slogan l remember from his last run for the White House...

''Dont change 'dicks' in the middle of a screw. Vote for NIXON in 72'' [:0]
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I liked him and still do for my own reasons [8)] but I see people on here don't much care for him, but that's OK too [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,667 ******
    edited November -1
    Currently reading this one:
    IMG_20140101_075654_zpsf8c24e77.jpg
    When I finish, I'll have a giveaway.[:D]
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Waiting for the soon to be written classics by the clowns that are maintaining our troops in these senseless conflicts.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by whiteclouder
    "In My Time" is an interesting and well-constructed book. I recommend it to history and political.

Clouder..
    Thanks for the report! I will make it a to do,for the New Year!
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs

Dick Cheney lied and manipulated my country into the Iraq War, which may go down as the biggest foreign policy disaster in American history.

If the world were a fair place, Dick Cheney would be in leg irons, on trial at The Hague for war crimes.

Agreed +1
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1

He's a hero to the tough-talking neocons. Old Five-deferment Cheney, a real mans man.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    I think I might get the book for a New Year's read. I like Cheney as he is a man who calls them the way he sees them. Has he made mistakes? Sure, like everyone who posts on this forum (except, of course, Charles[;)]). Did he make a bad call about Iraq? Only time will tell, but I am happy that we don't have Sadaam anymore in this world. I know that when he speaks on TV I usually agree with what he has to say....and I am glad that he is still around...although I would never go hunting with him[}:)]
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ive nothing positive to say about this man. too many wives,sons and daughters are missing their fathers. and too many fathers are missing parts of their bodies because of this man. so no, I won't be reading anything he has to say.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,971 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    I liked his first book "Face Shooting Lawyers for Fun and Profit", better.
    [:D][:D] That one has me laughing out loud.
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gary wray
    I think I might get the book for a New Year's read. I like Cheney as he is a man who calls them the way he sees them. Has he made mistakes? Sure, like everyone who posts on this forum (except, of course, Charles[;)]). Did he make a bad call about Iraq? Only time will tell, but I am happy that we don't have Sadaam anymore in this world. I know that when he speaks on TV I usually agree with what he has to say....and I am glad that he is still around...although I would never go hunting with him[}:)]

He is a big-talking coward who sent men and women into harms way, many to their deaths, yet when he had the opportunity to serve during war time he weaseled out 5 TIMES. "Calls them the way he sees them", indeed.[xx(]

No surprise that you're a fan, gary.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    n753225017_2688199_1521.jpg

I'm with allen on this. Cheney is a lying dirtbag.

Aren't they all?
  • Options
    edited November -1

I try to stay as close to the facts as I can, therefore, I won't read biographies written about people who interest me by people who don't. I like autobiographies, especially those written by people I don't really like, and then rely on autobiographies written by people who should have knowledge of the facts to balance what I've read. It's a never-ending process of learning. The Cheney book gave me some insights into a few things I had questions about. I'll read some more and see what others thought about those same situations.

None of us were there, and the vast majority know only what they're spoon-fed by the liberal press; too lazy to seek out the facts, too complacent to do anything about obvious wrongs and too---I could go on.

Clouder..
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    What a bunch of morons- You guys should stick to Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

In retrospect, the strategies of all wars/conflicts can be critiqued, but no one has that option in "real-time".
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting to see that so far what we have is a bunch of ad hominem, and no factual outline of just what anyone is talking about.

I require a higher level of discourse before being convinced of anything.

From what I see most days, most here should stick to the 'Glock vs 1911' debate, and leave it at that.

YMMV
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I voted for him the fives times he was elected to the Wyoming House of Represenatives.

Guess I will need to pick this book up.

Thanks for the heads up Clouder.

Mule
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dpmule
    I voted for him the fives times he was elected to the Wyoming House of Represenatives.

Guess I will need to pick this book up.

Thanks for the heads up Clouder.

Mule

I may not like everything he says or does, but I admire his willingness to walk the walk as he sees it. Him and Al Simpson are great Wyoming examples of what it means to be a man.

Clouder..
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    if cheney needs to be in leg irons,where should oboma be? according to T.S albert.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1

And his agenda of expanding the powers of the executive branch has largely left us in the situation we find ourselves today.

But on the plus side. He was really great as the Penguin in that Batman movie. Gotta admire him for that one.
  • Options
    llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cut the guy some slack. He shot a lawyer in the face and got away with it. Anyone know a lawyer that could use a hunting trip with Dick?