In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got a CZ82 today

victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
With a nice leather/cordura shooulder holster and 2 mags I paid $240, including transfer fee. Very little finish wear. Wiped off some excess light oil. More parts but nice to have a smoother trigger pull, light dbl action trigger pull, button mag release, ambidexterous safety, more mag capacity compared to a Makarov. The CZ fits nicely in may Mak belt holster. I have lots of factory and reloaded ammo. However, I have a few questions you could help me with:

Does anyone know where I can get s schematic (Gunparts Corp doen't have one)?

The gun has to be cocked before the safety will engage. Was this gun meant to carried cocked and locked?

Any tricks or tools avaialble to making mag loading easier?

Any issues with a CZ82 you think I should know about?

Jim

Comments

• Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will be watching your post. I plan to get one myself very soon (two weeks or less).
  • Options
    storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    Here is a schematic for the C-83. It's the same thing as the 82 but in a .380 and is current production. http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV3MIaY0

The CZ-82 is nothing like a Makarov and makes one look like a piece of garbage. The Mak had about 24 parts and is a basic lead tosser and the 82 has about 45 and will be a very accurate pistol with training and proper loading.

It was designed to be carried locked and loaded. This was told to me by my father in law and his dad. They both carried cz pistols for years locked and loaded in their intended scabbard. They are both slovak military. You should ditch the mak holster.

No need to load your magazine chalk full. One less means easier loading. Once they wear in, you can stack it full. Most of these were never really worked out. They don't get to train like we do.

The 82 likes lithium grease on the contact points inside the frame. Other than that, keep it dry. The ones I used shot better after they were a little dirty. Stick to the branul and silver bear ammo if you are shooting cheap stuff. The wolf sucks. If you reload, keep it soft. If your brass ends up in the next zip code, your round is too hot and you are going to get jams. When this pistol was designed the charges were not so hot. If you have problems with feeding, you can bend the lips of your magazine to match your frame. Do this as little as possible in small steps to get the desired result.

Soon, you will be wanting a cz75 :)

Post some photos of your new pistol!

Nick

she87.jpg
  • Options
    victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nick,

I do reload and will experiment a bit. I prefer to load just enough to make sure there's enough power to work the gun and then a step up to be sure. I haven't had time to learn how to post pictures yet. However, there appears to be very little wear on external or the internal parts I can see with the slide off. The finish is about the same as in your picture if not a bit better. It's a bit stiff when pulling the trigger guard down to remove the slide, a good thing. Thanks for confirming my guess about carrying it cocked and locked. My Mak holster is a Yaqui style and the CZ fits a bit tighter than the Mak so I don't believe I'll have a problem.

Looks like your cut away pistol would shoot. Does it?

Any recommendations for a SOB IWB holster for the CZ?

Any problem with gringing the lanyard post off? If and when I ever dura coat the gun, I might want to lose the lanyard post.

Royc38, If you own a Mak I think you'll really like the CZ82 more. The only negatives are there are few repair parts available right now and then there's the cheap finish on the CZ82. I'm not knocking the Mak at all. Mine's accurate for defense use and I have every possible part on hand if an unlikely repair is needed.

Well its time I visit the local PD and drop off the paperwork MI requires.

Jim
  • Options
    storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    If you ever need parts, let me know. Almost every home over there has one in it. They are heavily documented and ammo is extremely expensive and they don't like you having too much at one time. They even sell one bullet at a time in the shops!

The cutaway training device is not even close to an operation pistol. But, it cycles inert training rounds and all the functions work just like a real model. The barrel is solid and the firing pin is cut short so that it will dry fire correct but will never hit the primer. The training rounds are necked down a little so real ammo will not fit into the chamber. You can find these over here sometimes. They cost about 100 bucks in slovakia before the super gay EU conned them into joining.

here are some czech pistols shot in a slovakian pistol range. it was really nice. they served us coffee and had a very clean range. venting was old school but i didnt care.

http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt133/storm6490mt/?action=view&current=100_0230.flv

i'm a cz fan for life!

nick