In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bowe Bergdahl

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
On the eve of Bowe Bergdahl's planned guilty plea for crimes against the UCMJ, and in truth against America I want him to know I am thinking of him. I am hoping he enjoys many, many years in prison, 2-3 decades seems just. Enjoy your future endeavors there Bowe. I am sure they will provide you a Quran along with Halal meals.

zLogDmW.jpg

Comments

• Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have severed and i think he should die. Today he could have walked in his commanders office and told him he is going to stop fighting.[V]

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/10/30/560837956/military-judge-wont-dismiss-bergdahl-case-due-to-trump-remarks
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I have heard, soldiers lost their lives and were gravely injured trying to find him when he decided to bail.

He is admitting to being guilty as hell and no apologies can repair that.

I think the firing squad might be appropriate for him.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To be fair, command KNEW that he was a deserter when they authorized the search. They also knew that "recovering" him was a high risk operation. I'm guessing that the Big Liar thought that a "search" would buy him political capital. So, I can't hold the injuries & deaths against The Deserter.

As for the crime, I support whatever sentence he gets. Let him rot in jail.

Neal
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I served my time plus and could not agree more.

Sadly, Bergdahl has turned into a political issue, when it never should have been in the first place, meaning BHO should have NEVER turned loose dangerous predators to secure this traitors release.

It is hard to conceive the damage done to the military by 8 years of a radical DEMOCRAT commander and chief. Living next to a large military base and keeping close contact with the GIs stationed there reinforces my thoughts.
  • Options
    m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMO

He is a traitor as is barry.

bergdal should be shot. I am not a fan of his parents either but i understand he is their son and they love him. He is a direct reflection on their upbringing and they failed.
    RLTW

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by m88.358win
    qEihgRml.jpg

Are you making the point that Lincoln did more lasting damage than Ol' Big Ears?
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Desertion is a firing squad offense...he knew that...[xx(]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr
    I served my time plus and could not agree more.

Sadly, Bergdahl has turned into a political issue, when it never should have been in the first place, meaning BHO should have NEVER turned loose dangerous predators to secure this traitors release.

It is hard to conceive the damage done to the military by 8 years of a radical DEMOCRAT commander and chief. Living next to a large military base and keeping close contact with the GIs stationed there reinforces my thoughts.

Everything is a political issue now...Bradley Manning commits treason and Obama turns his crimes into a transgender issue. Then he commutes his sentence. [V]

Some Democrat down the line will commute or pardon Bergdahl's sentence/crime.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Desertion is a firing squad offense...he knew that...[xx(]

Prepare to be disappointed.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apparently the judge has said he will consider the statements Trump has made as "mitigating circumstances". I'm beginning to feel he might do very little time but almost certainly a DD.
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled
    Apparently the judge has said he will consider the statements Trump has made as "mitigating circumstances". I'm beginning to feel he might do very little time but almost certainly a DD.

and even that won't keep him off the college liberal lecture circuit.