In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The house come 2019...

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
Once Pelosi, if she is elected, and her henchmen come in as the House majority in 2019, do you think that that they will go after guns and related stuff, or just try to do whatever they can to get revenge on Trump and ignore what really matters to the needs of the US people?

Comments

• Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think all they care about is smashing Trump.
  • Options
    oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ricci Wright
    I think all they care about is smashing Trump.

+1
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it will be a constant merry-go-round of house investigations of DJT and staff, banking industry, climate change policies. gun control will not be a legislative priority, since state actions seem to be working better that federal actions..look for heavy action on redoing the tax reform DJT just enacted..lawsuits attacking any Trump exec. order will be filed to prevent those from taking effect. Dems know that very little legislative work can be passed that will go thru the Senate and Presidency so their main hope is to accululate FACE TIME on camera to dictate the direction of the voting public to their side.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THINK AGAIN FOLKS!!!

Read house bill 7115... They're not even in office and they've already drafted the bill... Their going after guns

This bill is disguised as stopping 80% builds. But if you read it all the way through you'll notice that they are outlawing every piece of a firearm right down to stocks, grips, Mags, springs, trigger assemblies or anything else involved with semi-automatic pistols or rifles weather factory made for an 80% build... If you need a new recoil spring for your factory manufactured firearm oh, you won't be able to get one. If you want to personalize your factory-built firearm with custom grips, that will be against the law too...
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like back to clinton era crapola. Best get to hording.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    at least AOC will be beaming a great big smile while she breaks liberal nonsense off in your * while taking your wallet away
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They will get more done in the first six months than the Republicans did in the last four years. [:(!]
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We're mostly R/conservatives/legal firearm owners.

Yeah the demoscum are coming for us big time.
    Just look at how azzwhole dems are screwing NJ NY CA CT
    You are next.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish they would, maybe we can get the ball rolling before I am too old to run the woodchipper that will be set up in the capital rotunda.

Everyone goes in the only option is head first or feet first.
    RLTW

• Options
    ncross53ncross53 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67
    Once Pelosi, if she is elected, and her henchmen come in as the House majority in 2019, do you think that that they will go after guns and related stuff, or just try to do whatever they can to get revenge on Trump and ignore what really matters to the needs of the US people?

Congress will be Pelosi whipped.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the repubs have done so LITTLE while sitting in power i wonder whose side they are on ?????????????????
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The house can pass as many bills as they want the Senate has to sign off if I am not mistaken as does the President. I doubt they have the votes for a veto override or pushing anything through the Senate.

If the GOP had a pair the Dems would have to negotiate if they don't want two years of nothing.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    The house can pass as many bills as they want the Senate has to sign off if I am not mistaken as does the President. I doubt they have the votes for a veto override or pushing anything through the Senate.

If the GOP had a pair the Dems would have to negotiate if they don't want two years of nothing.

That would work for me. We could do it - again.

Two years of nothing. [:(!]
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They can't pass any gun laws. The GOP has the senate and the white house and the supreme court. Sooo Good luck on that one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jerrywh818
    They can't pass any gun laws. The GOP has the senate and the white house and the supreme court. Sooo Good luck on that one.

Last month we were talking about "outlawing gun stuff" without passing laws - and the GOP was in charge then.

[;)]