In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Veterans- Thank You

MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I'm headin back to Longview till tomorrow nite, Wanted to say thanks to all that have served our Country- here or there, "popular" or "unpopular" wars.

My hat is off to ya.
May God richly bless each of you.
RT

Comments

• Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    yes, thank you all
  • lindalecowboylindalecowboy Member Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you my friend, a little appreciation goes a long way with most of us.

I also want to say THANKS to the fine folks in Longview that held a special 'welcome home' to Vietnam Vets this past week. They acknowledged that most of us Viet vets were never treated to much of a home coming, much less called anything even close to hero. I could not attend but the local news covered it and that meant as much to me as attending.

once again, You are welcome. It was indeed my honor to serve you and our country from 1969-1973.

My hat is off to all those brothers and sisters we memorialize this weekend who gave the ultimate. thanks to them and their families.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you all for your service. Have a great Memorial Day.
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me start by saying that I am a veteran and appreciate the thanks. To me that day of thanks is Nov 11, this day is to honor and thank those heroes that gave their life for OUR country. Bad part of it is, some of us died and didn't even know it. ALL died some.

Just my .02,
    Lance
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zink
    Let me start by saying that I am a veteran and appreciate the thanks. To me that day of thanks is Nov 11, this day is to honor and thank those heroes that gave their life for OUR country. Bad part of it is, some of us died and didn't even know it. ALL died some.

Just my .02,
    Lance

+1

It was my honor and privilege to serve...but many gave far more than me...and tomorrow is about honoring those folks.
  • cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    Your welcome most graciously, nice to be appreciated , also, let us all remember to pray for our troops and allies!
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    I take my hat off to you all as well. I thank you all very much for your self-less duties in a predominantly selfish world. The Tacconelli's in Idaho appreciate you all!

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you! From Pete Trista Pietro Connor Mason and David
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    quote:Originally posted by zink

Just my .02,
    Lance

+1

It was my honor and privilege to serve...but many gave far more than me...and tomorrow is about honoring those folks.
    +2

I lost a few good friends durring Desert Storm and allway reflect on thier memory as well as others who gave their all in the service of this great country.

My salutes go to the fallen heroes!
  • penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1
    I want to say thank you for serving me...And I'll do the same for you on the home front. I'm serving freedom.

Vote Perot (which is a missed boat) or third party in for that though...Regans first term was more than enough.

Go third Party...I get my wig out for this one.