In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Expedition Africa - tonights premiere

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Sun, May 31, 10:00p - 11:04p
HISTORY CHANNEL

Tonight, the History channel will premiere a new eight-part television event, EXPEDITION AFRICA: STANLEY & LIVINGSTONE. The show follows a group of explorers who will travel 970 miles through African terrain using only a compass and basic maps. The goal: relive Stanley's perilous journey to find Dr. David Livingstone.

Personally, Expedition Africa is not my cup of tea. Watching people walking through bushes and swamps, just didn't not capture my interest at all. Maybe it's because I don't like trekking, or camping or anything like that, it's hard for me to find their expedition interesting. Plus, in general I am not a big reality show fan.

I can't say that the explorers were that interesting to follow either. I don't think I really related to any of them or that any really stood out to me as someone I would like to watch week after week.

However, I did hear that a lot of people did enjoy the show, so maybe if the subject matter sounds interesting to you, you might want to give it a shot.

Overall, I don't think the format is all that original, it's a typical reality show, with a different main story. But to be perfectly objective, the subject matter is not really something that holds any interest for me, so that might have been one of the main reason that I didn't find the show as entertaining as others did.

http://www.daemonstv.com/2009/05/31/expedition-africa-on-history-channel-review/

expedition-backpack.jpg
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    a couple of things will be different...they won`t be allowed to hunt their own food...and there won`t be any wild black men trying to kill them...on second thoughts, these days in that part of africa there is a high probarbility that there will be wild black men trying to kill them[B)]
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Oh goody, we get to see these rich mommas boys fight over who gets to carry the compass..[:D]
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think all four are researchers from different areas and no one has been put in charge and that is where the problems start.
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Blair Witch" in Africa[:D]? Or will it be more like "Lord Of The Rings"? Just walking, on and on. Me thinks the girl will be like Gollum[:D]. Complaining endlessly.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Day-1, and it's a total comedy of errors... [:o)]
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    These people are really roughing it. Movie crew of 12, at least 1 helicopter, satellte navigation equipment. Make believe for TV is the new reality for dumdums.