In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder... C&P

retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/national/article/74-year-old_n.c._state_senator_shoots_wounds_intruder_at_his_home/287987/P10/

Published: August 24, 2009

TABOR CITY, N.C. - A sheriff says a North Carolina state senator shot one of two intruders at his home and hospital officials say the man is in fair condition.

Multiple media outlets reported that Columbus County Sheriff Chris Batten said that 74-year-old Sen. R.C. Soles of Tabor City shot Kyle Blackburn late Sunday afternoon.

A spokeswoman at Loris Community Hospital in South Carolina said Monday that Blackburn was in fair condition.

Batten says the shooting occurred when two men went to the senator's house and tried to kick in his front door. No charges have been filed.

The sheriff's office said the State Bureau of Investigation was handling the case. A call to an agency spokeswoman was not immediately returned. There was no answer at a number listed for Soles' home.

The Democrat has been in the Senate 32 years.

Interesting... How some can talk the talk but just can't walk the walk... Huh?

I wonder how the other Anti-Gunner politicians will react to this one as well...? [;)]

Comments

• Options
    Just TimJust Tim Member Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another example of do as I say not as I do. Like Pelosi flying from DC to SanFran on government planes while telling ceo's they shouldn't fly their jets or Geithner telling us to pay our taxes. Ted Kennedy wanting "FAIR" health care while spending millions to stay alive. Tim
  • Options
    BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    Well, their policy has always been anti-gun for us "uneducated" idiots. The same with any other freedoms.

After all, Bette Midler basically said on the View that uneducated people should not have the right to free speech. I am sure that is the opinion of the Political Elite in Washington. They know what is best for us, since we are so uneducated. Uneducated by the system of public education they create.
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    if he is anti gun now is the time for EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU gun owners to email his office, phone his office, write to his office and basically call him a hypoctite and ask him why it`s ok for him to be able to defend himself and his family and property but he is doing what he can via the senate to take away YOUR rights to defend yourselves,family and property!!

i`d sure as hell be stirring the possum over this one! you won`t get many better chances in your life time to call out an anti gun politician[}:)][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dan kelly
    if he is anti gun now is the time for EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU gun owners to email his office, phone his office, write to his office and basically call him a hypoctite and ask him why it`s ok for him to be able to defend himself and his family and property but he is doing what he can via the senate to take away YOUR rights to defend yourselves,family and property!!

i`d sure as hell be stirring the possum over this one! you won`t get many better chances in your life time to call out an anti gun politician[}:)][;)]

Already done... [;)]

SHANE.... Are you writing yet?
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    retroxler....[8D][8D]

don`t forget to get a real big spoon...add some essence of angry skunk...and stir,stir,stir![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Seems ole R.C. may have some other issues stirring with teenage boys in his home town.

Well, he got a an email from me. I hope every gun owner in the United States emails or mails him what they think of his goat-smelling hypocrite *.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here's the latest copy of text I sent... with more to come DAILY...
    Senator Soles;

I understand that you were forced to defend yourself recently in your own home against two intruders.
    .and in so doing, you shot and injured one of the intruders. did the other guy walk away or run?

I also understand that you have supported anti-gun legislation in the past during your 17 terms in office.
    Although, I question the thought process that you seem to now maintain about guns and their use by the general public and politicians.
    I'm confused. you support gun control and anti-legislation for law abiding citizens, but you seem to own a gun and keep it readily available in your home if needed.
    Is there some law or secret code that politicians are aware of that allows the use of guns that the common citizen has no access to?

Yet, your historical legislation position has been directed at gun control and anti-gun support.? WHY?

Why must a senator, who supports anti-gun legislation and gun control maintain a firearm in his own home?
    Why did a senator, who publicly decrees that guns are not for the use by the law abiding general public use a loaded weapon to defend himself against an intruder?
    Why would a senator, who supports gun control and anti-gun legislation willing do harm to another person? Did you feel threatened for your life. or others lives?
    Why would a senator, such as yourself, not allow an intruder just to come on in and ran-sack his home, even if you felt threatened. Doesn't the intruder not have rights too?

You shot an intruder to your home with a gun that you personally claim is not the right of every law abiding citizen. WHY would you do that?

Or, have you become just another hypocrite politician that says "DO as I SAY and NOT as I DO."

By your recent actions, I would expect that your position on gun control, anti-gun legislation and the 2nd Amendment has finally done a turnaround.

Maybe with you new found personal support of the 2nd Amendment Right to Keep and Bear Arms, you can begin to do something right for a change.

How about it senator? Are you now supporting the 2nd Amendment? Do you feel that's it's every citizen's right to protect themselves against tyranny?

Good questions that I demand answers to.

I'm looking forward to your response as is most of the United States of America!

Robert Troxler, taxpaying, voting, constituent resident of North Carolina.

These guys PIZZ me off fiercly...

They talk talk talk about gun control and anti-gun this and anti-gun that...

Then when the SHTF in their own home... out comes a gun and blam... they shot another bad guy just doin' his job...

Somebody has to break into homes right? Why do they have to get shot by some anti-gun leftist that thinks no-one else has the right to defend themselves except them...

TICK's ME OFF!!!!!
  • Options
    storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    WRAL article

Tabor City, N.C. - The district attorney investigating a shooting at the home of a state senator has asked a special prosecutor to take over the case because of his ties to the lawmaker.

Multiple media outlets reported Wednesday that District Attorney Rex Gore has asked the special prosecution unit of the state Attorney General's office to take full responsibility for the investigation into the shooting at state Sen. R.C. Soles' home last month.

Columbus County Sheriff Chris Batten said that Soles shot a former legal client, Kyle Blackburn, 22. A witness has said Blackburn was breaking into the senator's house and Soles acted in self-defense. Charges have not been filed.

Gore had been criticized because of his friendship and political ties with Soles.

The announcement came on the same day that a 17-year-old who said Soles helped him build a house and buy a Corvette was released from jail on $500,000 bond. Allen Strickland is accused of trying to elude police during a car chase last Sunday.

The State Bureau of Investigation has charged Strickland with setting the July 29 fire that burned the Tabor City home built with money from Soles.

Two weeks after the house fire, Soles became the subject of SBI investigation based on allegations from a 27-year-old man that Sole molested him more than a decade ago. Stacy Scott later recanted, saying he was under the influence of drugs when he made the allegations.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So, he is a rope smoker who likes 'em young too I see.

A 17 year old with anew house he burns down and a new corvette. It does not take a rocket scientist to add up the math on that one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have you ever known a politician to be completely honest about anything?

IMO politicians must have prerequisite streak of dishonesty before they can truly call themselves politicians.... then there's the maintenance of dishonesty one must maintain.

Just another sleaze ball is all....
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Same reason Rosie O'* has armed guards. These people are part of the Elite and can do what they want.

It is VITAL for them to have things they don't want "average" Americans to have because their work is for the greater good. If they are shot dead, how can they continue their work?

Now, your job is unimportant. So, if you were to die, some illegal alien can easily step in your shoes and continue your work.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the democrat mantra "ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. sOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS."

This isn't a culture of corruption. It's a cesspool.

These guys are hell bent on power then they live by another standard.

Democrats have no morals and no standards.

Pelosi wants blood on the streets, I hope hers is the first to flow. All I here is how we deserve less individual liberty and freedom, but they do think these rules should apply to them.

This reminds me of Obama standing before the nation preaching about national health care and stating "THis isn't about me. I have great healthcare." That's exactly the problem. These people want us to live by a standard they are not prepared to live by themselves.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,240 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BaseJumper
    So, he is a rope smoker who likes 'em young too I see.

A 17 year old with anew house he burns down and a new corvette. It does not take a rocket scientist to add up the math on that one.

Basejumper you are thinking like I am thinking.
    Did any of y'all see "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil?"
    This is about a shooting that happened in Savannah.
    This "older man" shot a young man inside his house, he claimed the young guy had attacked him.
    After 4 trials the guy was finally acquitted.
    He was as innocent as OJ.
    Even during the trial the defense conceded that the old guy had been paying the young man for "sexual favors."
    I am 99 percent sure the death was a lover's quarrel, and the guy should have been convicted of murder.
    This thread caught my attention right away, a legislator in North Carolina opposed to guns? I live in North Carolina, it is a very pro-gun state.
    So I thought, what legislator would oppose firearms around here?
    A Democrat pervert fills the bill.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1

How about this? email him and welcome him to the fold. Kill 'his argument with kindness.
  • Options
    ZealotZealot Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where does it say he is anti-gun? The article mentions nothing about it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We did our own research and looked at his voting record. Do you just take what the media tells you leave it at that?

You will never know the truth if you just listen to the news, from any source.
  • Options
    bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    We did our own research and looked at his voting record. Do you just take what the media tells you leave it at that?

What did he vote for that is anti gun?, the NRA gave him an A rating on project vote smart. I'm not familiar with the guy, and don't know how to access his state voting record.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Maybe this group could use him in their recruitment advertising:

www.pinkpistols.org

'This could be you....' [:D]
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58

Already done... [;)]

Done.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Seriously? Truth was he shot a guy, and that's what the article said The fact that he may or may not be anti-gun doesn't change the fact that he shot someone. There was no spin in the article

Hell, by your logic you can't believe he shot someone since it was reported in the news. What about the "intruders", Were they even intruders? No charges have been filed, so who's word are you going to believe?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Zealot,

I am not sure your reading comprehension is up to par..so lets break it down.

1. Dude shoots an intruder
    2. Dude is a senator
    3. Dude is a gun owner.
    4. Dude has voted against the 2nd Amendment for 30+ years.
    5. Ironically (that means in contradiction to), he has voted against PRIVATE CITIZEN GUN OWNERSHIP FOR HIS ENTIRE CAREER yet he owns one that maybe saved his life, despite his statements that should never be necessary in a civized society.

No one here said anything about the article itself and whether it was true or not that he shot someone. the fact is, he is hypocrite. He says ordinary citizens should not be allowed to own firearms yet he owns one that he used to defend himself. Huh?

I said that it is my opinion there is more to the story because of the trouble he is in with an apparant 17 year old boy lover that he may have bought a corvette and a home for.
  • Options
    bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bhale187

What did he vote for that is anti gun?, the NRA gave him an A rating on project vote smart. I'm not familiar with the guy, and don't know how to access his state voting record.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bhale187

LMAO[:D][:D][:D][:D] Keep going chalkboard.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Grassroots Gun Rights NC http://grnc.org/remember_november/ gives him a poor rating, expected to vote in favor of Gun owners 60% or less based on past voting record.

I read somewhere else when I searched last night that his voting record was more anti-gun than that, but I can't find it now. I'll post a link to it when I find it again. Maybe it was GOA's site.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Rosie school of gun control.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    good thing he is an honest person of high stature above the rest of us citizens, he deserves to own firearms more than the rest of us

i hope his gun was hot
  • Options
    RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    We did our own research and looked at his voting record.

Who's "we" and where can I find the results of your research? Also, please, be so kind and post the sources of information you used in your research.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Zealot,

I am not sure your reading comprehension is up to par..so lets break it down.

1. Dude shoots an intruder
    2. Dude is a senator
    3. Dude is a gun owner.
    4. Dude has voted against the 2nd Amendment for 30+ years.
    5. Ironically (that means in contradiction to), he has voted against PRIVATE CITIZEN GUN OWNERSHIP FOR HIS ENTIRE CAREER yet he owns one that maybe saved his life, despite his statements that should never be necessary in a civized society.

No one here said anything about the article itself and whether it was true or not that he shot someone. the fact is, he is hypocrite. He says ordinary citizens should not be allowed to own firearms yet he owns one that he used to defend himself. Huh?

I said that it is my opinion there is more to the story because of the trouble he is in with an apparant 17 year old boy lover that he may have bought a corvette and a home for.

Damn you question my reading comprehension, yet yours is severely lacking to the point of borderline retardation. Please go back a reread the thread. Never did I dispute the talking points of the the story. All I originally asked was where you got your information that he was anti-gun, since none of the articles posted said anything about his stance. You then quipped back with

quote:Do you just take what the media tells you leave it at that?

All I did was use your same logic against you. Your the one who claims to not trust the media, yet you believe them when they tell you he shot an intruder. Did you research the incident? Talk to neighbors, the hospital, the person he shot?
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    senator should be arrested for assault...innocent victim was probably delivering cookies...
  • Options
    topdadtopdad Member Posts: 3,408 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He just did'nt want nobody else aside from him to have guns.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rock, I am assuming that the other's who posted prior to me looked it up as well before posting. I suppose they could have just been assuming since he was a Democrap. hell, I would have.

I posted one link. Do you need me to search some more for you? Okay, I'll get right on that.

Zealot, here is what you said on your first post:
    quote:The fact that he may or may not be anti-gun doesn't change the fact that he shot someone. There was no spin in the article

I have no idea what it is you are looking for. Never did I dispute the fact of him shooting someone. it seems you don't either, so I am not sure what this post was about:

quote:All I originally asked was where you got your information that he was anti-gun, since none of the articles posted said anything about his stance

I suppose your first post could have been saying that, but that is not how I read it. Would it not have been simpler to say: Post a link bro, or hey, where did you get the info on his anti-gun views?

retroxler58 wrote: quote:Interesting... How some can talk the talk but just can't walk the walk... Huh?

I wonder how the other Anti-Gunner politicians will react to this one as well...?

After reading that I did an internet search of the Senator: read a fews things. Then read a few things about his voting record on Gun Control issues.

He shot someone (reported to be intruders). That was in the article. Do I know for a fact that is true. Nope. But honestly, why would the police report be false on that. We don't know why, and who cares. That is not what this thread was about. It was about a Democrat Senator, who has voted Anti-gun and has a poor rating on gun related issues from watch groups within his own state (though apparantely somehow he got a good rating from the NRA...go figure. I suppose compromising to allow hunting sports and sporting weapons gets a good rating from the NRA). The irony of an anti-gun democrap who owned a gun, while he tells the citizens that he believes only police and military should have guns (I have no quotes from him, this is inferred from his votes on legislation restricting gun ownership), is the main point of this thread.

If he feels so strongly about gun control, why does he have a gun? I have absolutely no problem with him defending himself. My problem with the good senator is with his hypocracy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have been through this website:

http://www.ncleg.net/homePage.pl

and found that he seems to support registration more than non-ownership. I went back about 10 years. I did not see any gun related bills he introduced, but he does like to vote "aye" on stuff that restricts private citizens.

So he is not a far left nut job wanting no guns for anyone but the police, but he is not someone the NRA shold give an A rating to, IMO.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58

Already done... [;)]

Done.[;)]

Good...[;)] We need some word-smiths on this one...