In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Daughter just left...

retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
for a three year tour (34 months) at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Worcester, MA...

When she graduates, she'll be a PharmD with a two year contractual obligation to Walgreen's...
They're helping with a portion of the tuition...

We're proud of her and expect that she'll do quite well...
We'll just miss the everyday in/out with her not being here at home...

The wife is a little sad... but, she'll be here at Chistmas soon enough!

Comments

• Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations to your daughter; and of course the proud parents as well!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    glynglyn Member Posts: 5,949
    edited November -1
    Knowm the feeling mine has left now for colledge,at least she is only 150 miles away so can see her now and again.Really miss going up the range with her.
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Excellent career choice, congratulations.
  • Options
    glynglyn Member Posts: 5,949
    edited November -1
    Knowm the feeling mine has left now for colledge,at least she is only 150 miles away so can see her now and again.Really miss going up the range with her.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Lost my son to a 4 year tour of WVu" I enjoy the quite, I think you will enjoy it too once you get over the initial "shock" or I hope so, Only thing you can do is hope you raised her right and she will take care of herself. If you sit around and worry it will drive you crazy. good luck retrocler.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She is getting a PhD in Pharmacy?

My college buddy on the soccer team got a PhD in Pharmacy, he is only one of eight in the State of Georgia.

I understand Mike is doing very well these days.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    maybe she can make a new pill to fix washington[;)]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Great news Rob.She'll do well and hay, she will get plenty of leave to come visit y'all...
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations! She must be a VERY smart and motivated young lady...you guys did good!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We're not strangers of her going off to school...

She started at Appalachian State seven years ago... 2003.

She was at App-State until the cold got the best of her... 3 semesters...
    Then transferred to UNC-Charlotte and commuted for a couple of years until she met her boy friend...

She graduated with a BA in Psychology and minored in Criminal Justice... May'08
    She applied for PharmD school and needed some undergrad courses before she would be accepted...

She's spent the last 18 months getting her sciences, math, etc... and was accepted to MCPHS last December...
    and has been excited ever since.. .until today.

Today she just didn't want to leave.
    We'll just have to go visit periodically... [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fordsix
    maybe she can make a new pill to fix washington[;)]

We can ALL only hope!!! [;)]
  • Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    So you're saying that in three years, your daughter will be a drug dealer? [;)]

Congratulations.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,356 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Congtats, sounds like the lady has got it goin' on!
  • Options
    oldrideroldrider Member Posts: 4,934 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad your children are doing well, Robert. Have you noticed that it has a direct bearing on how happy their parents are?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldrider
    Glad your children are doing well, Robert. Have you noticed that it has a direct bearing on how happy their parents are?

Absolutely!

Her mother and I have supported our children in every thing either of the three have ever done...

The wife just showed me this note Patty left for before leaving...
    Kinda says it all... Makes it ALL worth the time and effort it's taken thus far...

2cdiznp.jpg
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58

Absolutely!

Her mother and I have supported our children in every thing either of the three have ever done...

Kinda says it all... Makes it ALL worth the time and effort it's taken thus far...

2cdiznp.jpg

Dang it....that made me cry. I wasn't going to cry today!!!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    drygulchdandrygulchdan Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Absolutely!

2cdiznp.jpg

She needs to work on her hand writing. I can still read it.[;)]
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats, all the way around! You folks have reason to be proud of her and she has good reason to proud of you folks!
  • Options
    7.62x39Lover7.62x39Lover Member Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    retroxler, I will donate you a webcam if you don't have one (like the note implies).
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    GRIZZLY17GRIZZLY17 Member Posts: 1,676
    edited November -1
    A personal friend of mine did the same thing. PharmD and is now at Walgreen's. Shes doing well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambihunter
    retroxler, I will donate you a webcam if you don't have one (like the note implies).

Thanks for the offer... but we went that evening and bought two...
    One for me and one for the wife...
    I'm looking for a new Blue Tooth Ear piece to use strictly with the computer though...

When the HVAC Vent grill crashed on my keyboard... Evidently it took out the mic-jack as well... The ear piece with the "Eyeball" cam works fine but the mic is intermittent...

Got my phone Blue Tooth to connect and it works great!

Thanks though!!!
  • Options
    53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
    edited November -1
    Hey Robert and wife,

Congrats to y'all and your daughter as well. Good on her!
    When she goes to work at Walgreens have her tell 'em she wants to kick up the speed they process the RX's. I always have to wait at least an hour! [:(]
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    retroxler, no problem. Too bad I hadn't made the offer earlier.

A Walgreens Pharmistist literally saved my life by catching a major drug interaction that my doctor completely missed. I owe 'em one. [:)]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    swampgutswampgut Member Posts: 5,555
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    She is getting a PhD in Pharmacy?

My college buddy on the soccer team got a PhD in Pharmacy, he is only one of eight in the State of Georgia.

I understand Mike is doing very well these days.

He said PharmD.
  • Options
    swampgutswampgut Member Posts: 5,555
    edited November -1

Absolutely!

2cdiznp.jpg

You definitely did quite a bit right or she never would have written that letter.
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats, it's sure nice to see a youngin' doin' good and giving credit where credit is due!

BRAVO ZULU,

Lance
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Bob is this the same daughter that told you to get your own bagels and the forum went nuts over? That was a while ago...

Sounds like you guys did your part just fine..
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Robert
    Sounds like you have quite a daughter. Smart, resourceful, loyal and loving. I know you'll miss her, but I also know that you must be proud as punch of her. Her success is a measure of your dedication to starting her on the right path. I commend you all.

I'd frame the note and post it where I could see it every day, that's an award to be proud of.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    But what if she returns as a...a.....Yankee!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mossbergboogie
    Bob is this the same daughter that told you to get your own bagels and the forum went nuts over? That was a while ago...

Sounds like you guys did your part just fine..

Yep! One in the same...

While she is very smart, she's also very self-reliant and expects the same from others... including the ol'man... [:D]

She's also the same one that has out gunned me the last several hunting season's...

Her last deer is "claimed" to be a "Nine-Point"... But as I "Told Her"...
    "I don't think a wad of chewing gum stuck to a main beam and formed up to look like a "Bump on a Log"
    constitutes a "Point"..." Or at least that's my claim... [:D]

She's got a clear path in mind that she's gonna follow and I'm proud to say I may have helped clear some of the rocks...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RebelRooster
    Robert
    Sounds like you have quite a daughter. Smart, resourceful, loyal and loving. I know you'll miss her, but I also know that you must be proud as punch of her. Her success is a measure of your dedication to starting her on the right path. I commend you all.

I'd frame the note and post it where I could see it every day, that's an award to be proud of.

GREAT IDEA!!!

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette
    But what if she returns as a...a.....Yankee!!!!

Ain't gonna happen...

That girl is Pure Southern Through and Through...

In fact... I'd be willin' to bet when she finally "Chooses" to leave Massive-Two-Schits...
    They'll be talkin' with a correct "Southern English" drawl...

[^]