In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

To have the life of a dog...

retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I'm sure you've heard the comment, "If I only was a dog..." or "A dog has the easiest life..." or "All that dog does is lay around..."
Well, I'm here to tell you that it's TRUE!
We have four inside, two that belong to me (one takes up with the wife), one that belongs to the wife (she gives 'em whatever just like she did with the kids), and one belongs to my oldest son (kinda reverse-inherited the dog), and a fifth that belongs to my daughter on a part-time basis.
I used to work from home with only one dog inside and now I'm home only on the weekends with five dogs inside. It seems to me that I live in a DOGhouse. I own the house and I live here, but everyday at approx 2:00pm, ALL of the dogs take a nap. When have I ever been able just to lie down and take a nap...? Especially in the middle of the day; I don't even get to go to bed at a descent hour due to the everyday stresses I have.
They get up when they want, they go to sleep when they want, they come get scratched behind the ear when they want, they run when you want to give 'em a bath. They chase each other around the house when they want to play. They get fed every day without worry of if they'll get fed. They don't pay taxes. They don't have anyone nagging over them to do something. They're ALWAYS Happy and run like the wind when they think they're in trouble. They wait until the coast is clear and come out ready to lick you all-over...

Oh... to be a dog. It must be grand!

And to be a huntin' or a water dog...
WOW you get to go a huntin' and a swimmin' too?!!

What could be finer, than to be a dog in Caroliner?

Comments

• burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    yes but retreiving doves on a hot day with a mouthful of feathers sure does make me thirsty [:D]
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    You have any of them neutered? Think of that!!
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by burdz19
    yes but retreiving doves on a hot day with a mouthful of feathers sure does make me thirsty [:D]

Yes, ...good point. But, chasin' down sweet doves... what else could you ask for?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

Yes, all of the males are neutered and one female spayed...
    Thought of it myself at times[:D] Never got up the courage!
    But... I've often wondered why they still try? ...must be nice.
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58
    quote:Originally posted by burdz19

Yes, ...good point. But, chasin' down sweet doves... what else could you ask for?

Shooting them, and having a good friend to fetch them. and of course a fresh bowl of water waiting for him. [:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

Yes, all of the males are neutered and one female spayed...
    Thought of it myself at times[:D] Never got up the courage!
    But... I've often wondered why they still try? ...must be nice.

My wife is a kinda like a dog rehab wanna be. Over the year's she's taken in more dogs than I care to count. At times, I've had to say NO and she reluctantly takes the unlucky canine to the local shelter.
    The one dog that belongs to me is a pure-bred, bought as a pup, neutered at 12 weeks and follows me everywhere I go. The others... well, their days are numbered. They just don't know it.
    Lucky for me their lifespan is less than mine...