In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

peak useage

elkdroppingelkdropping Member Posts: 728 ✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Does anyone have access to or are they willing to disclose when Gunbroker typically has the most users/buyers logged on and actively bidding? What day of the week and what time of day? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "CaptFun" will be along and he is the only one with the real answers that you are looking for.
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have discussed this before with the Capt putting in his input.

Sunday evening is the time when the most users are logged on is what I believe was said.

EDIT-I should add that I have ran auctions at many differant starting times and have seen little differance in how much the item sells for. I always run penny start no reserve auctions so I have a 100% sell rate. I know there are some that set their auctions up so the end on Sunday evening and say they are doing well but like I said I haven't noticed much of a differance but then again I am usually too busy in the store to run alot of auctions anymore.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LF has mentioned when the seasonal slow time of year is before.. . Right about now.. . . Except in election years wotg to commies running.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The pattern is pretty clear.

http://www.quantcast.com/p-0apLCZVPqPO1s

The peaks are Sundays, the valleys are Fridays. We are rapidly approaching or are at the minimum traffic for the year. Traffic is not always an indicator of price however and we do see overall prices remaining more constant through the week then in a "normal" situation. At this time there is a relatively high demand for the products our sellers have listed and that tends to keep the overall price levels more consistent through out the weekly traffic cycle... Which reminds me, something I'm bidding on ends in a few minutes...
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    The pattern is pretty clear.

http://www.quantcast.com/p-0apLCZVPqPO1s

The peaks are Sundays, the valleys are Fridays. We are rapidly approaching or are at the minimum traffic for the year. Traffic is not always an indicator of price however and we do see overall prices remaining more constant through the week then in a "normal" situation. At this time there is a relatively high demand for the products our sellers have listed and that tends to keep the overall price levels more consistent through out the weekly traffic cycle... Which reminds me, something I'm bidding on ends in a few minutes...
    A cyclic rate of 26% each week...
    That's enough to determine that Auctions NEED to end on the high spot... And Sundays is it!