In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    TheSilentOneTheSilentOne Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well,I just got back from filing for unemployment.

Did it on-line at the unemployment office.

Had the whole damned thing done(45 minutes) and when I hit the "continue" button to go to the last page to review and "submit",it canceled out the whole frikkin' thing and I had to start all over.[:(!]

Oh Well,it's done.

I'm in there.

Now all I gotta do is wait and see if they're gonna fight it.

Wish me luck.

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I gross around $440/week. How much do you think I would get from unemployment. I have heard anywhere from 40% to 80%, what is it. I live in Michigan. Also, what about taxes?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I gross around $420/week. How much do you think I would get from unemployment. I have heard anywhere from 40% to 80%, what is it. I live in Michigan.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, but it doesn't say exactly how much I would get.
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    The fact that you are even considering this pegs you as part of the problem, as opposed to the solution...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady
    The fact that you are even considering this pegs you as part of the problem, as opposed to the solution...

What are you talking about? I don't want to get laid-off, it's not like I have a choice.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TheSilentOne
    I gross around $420/week. How much do you think I would get from unemployment. I have heard anywhere from 40% to 80%, what is it. I live in Michigan.

$387 per week gross is the max in Michigan. They use some complicated formula, it's not a flat percentage any longer.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    OryGun tops out at $112 per week.

Doug
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

What are you talking about? I don't want to get laid-off, it's not like I have a choice.

I dis-agree, this is exactly what unemployment is about. Helping those who lose their job. He didn't say he was looking for a tit to support him for the rest of his life. If you need it, use it, just be sure not to abuse it. I have no problem paying to help others when they are down, I do have a problem with those who just want a free ride..
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    better hurry the car guys are comeing strong to a unemployment line near you
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson

Doug

Not even close. $425 after tax is what they deposit in my account.
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    I disagree.

quote:Originally posted by thermonuclear

I dis-agree, this is exactly what unemployment is about. Helping those who lose their job. He didn't say he was looking for a tit to support him for the rest of his life. If you need it, use it, just be sure not to abuse it. I have no problem paying to help others when they are down, I do have a problem with those who just want a free ride..

I disagee. There are jobs out there. It's a question now whether you can make more on unemployment than you can actually working...
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dnelson457
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson

Doug

Not even close. $425 after tax is what they deposit in my account.

Squealer.

Doug
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    I was always under the assumption that you pay a percentage in taxes as does your employer towards unemployment.
  • Options
    WCIWCI Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be careful your employer can request a hearing and have your benefit denied.depending on how you left. Even if you know at 5:00 you will be layed off if you leave at 4:45 you just quit no benefit.
  • Options
    hooch31Lhooch31L Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There isn't many jobs left in Michigan. You have over 100 people applying for most jobs that are posted. Even the medical field is hurting. My wife is in the medical field and they have a hiring freeze. The admin people took a 10% pay cut.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    I disagree.

quote:Originally posted by thermonuclear

I disagee. There are jobs out there. It's a question now whether you can make more on unemployment than you can actually working...

I apply to lots but have had very few takers. But the amount of Jobs now available means I should be working soon as the number really increased. All we had for a long time in this area was Nursing Jobs. For which I was not qualified.
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fordsix

May be like when Clinton signed the NAFTA and all of the factories in North Carolina started heading south. The Unemployment came to each factory and set up temporary offices to handle the load.

They are jobs to do if you want to work and are willing. Sitting on your * waiting for someone to come looking for you will not work these days. I retired from the Coal Mining industry and got bored sitting around. I now do building projects in the Winter and lawn care/scaping from Spring into Fall.

Mow 52 yards a week at $40.00 each and three cemeteries every two weeks for $650 each. I have a business license for the lawn care and a Remodeling Contractors license for the building projects. I pay taxes and fees on both of the extra incomes I have. Put myself on a $1000.00 a week salary and the rest goes back into the "business".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LesWVa
    quote:Originally posted by fordsix

Mow 52 yards a week at $40.00 each and three cemeteries every two weeks for $650 each.

So, your saying that you make $3,055/week mowing lawns?