In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Need a shotgun

NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Well after doing some research I am going to be building a new AOW (Any Other Weapon) from a 12ga shotgun.

I want a side by side with functional external hammers as I am trying to build a gun like the one from Desperado and the Untouchables, http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Desperado I know functional hammers are not that practical but it is one of those things that I want.

The link shows it is a Rossi Overland shotgun. From what I read it looks like they have not been made since 1994. Is there another suitable maker that sells a similar gun? Being able to get replacement parts, another set of barrels and a buttstock, is a must.

I did look and only one listed on the auction side.

Here is pic for you guys,

SawedoffshotgunUntouchables.jpg

Comments

• xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    sears roebuck s/s model 311 12ga...
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No hammers on a 311
  • xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by duckhunter
    No hammers on a 311
    i'll post a pic this week...
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    I am going to call Cimarron about theirs tomorrow and see if they can help me. That looks like the best bang for the buck if I can get what I need.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The Russian IZH-43K is a hammer gun. 12 gauge is the most common, but I seem to recall some 20 gauge guns a few eyars back.
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Nwcid
    Well after doing some research I am going to be building a new AOW (Any Other Weapon) from a 12ga shotgun.

Are you basically declaring on an open forum that you have intentions of breaking the law?
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by callcameron

Are you basically declaring on an open forum that you have intentions of breaking the law?

All he has to do is file a Form 1 and it is perfectly legal to do what he is talking about. There surely is no shortage of guys here ready to jump to conclusions at the drop of a hat. I've already has a run in with one busy-body and there seems to be a nest of them.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian

All he has to do is file a Form 1 and it is perfectly legal to do what he is talking abut. There surely is no shortage of guys here ready to jump to conclusions at the drop of a hat. I've already has a run in with one and there seems to be a nest of them.

Thanks. I was under the impression that all AOWs were illegal. Thank you for the clarification. Is there some fee or tax associated with filing a Form 1?
    edited November -1

All he has to do is file a Form 1 and it is perfectly legal to do what he is talking abut. There surely is no shortage of guys here ready to jump to conclusions at the drop of a hat. I've already has a run in with one and there seems to be a nest of them.

Thanks. I was under the impression that all AOWs were illegal. Thank you for the clarification. Is there some fee or tax associated with filing a Form 1?

Having FACTS before making statement usually helps.

Here are the NFA laws, http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=365687 Having facts to go with a though usually keeps things facts.
    edited November -1

Is there some fee or tax associated with filing a Form 1?

$200
    edited November -1

Having FACTS before making statement usually helps.

Here are the NFA laws, http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=365687 Having facts to go with a though usually keeps things facts.

That's why it was in question form. I was asking if the intent was to break the law. Obviously, that is not necessarily the case (since it CAN be done legally).
    edited November -1
    From the thread that you linked:

quote:
    How much is the tax?

For all making or transfer of NFA items the tax is $200 per item. If you do 5 items even if at the same time it is $200 per item. The only exception for this is on the transfer of AOW, which is $5. Making an AOW is still $200.

Does this mean that you will have to pay $200 to have this weapon that you build?

EDIT: Thanks Mark. You posted that as I was typing my reply.
    edited November -1
    Sorry that came out abrupt, I was posting in a hurry.

So yes, when you "make" an NFA weapon or transfer one you pay a $200 tax. If you build it it will be on a Form 1, if you transfer it will be on a Form 4.

So yes you "have to pay $200 to have this weapon that you build" or any other NFA item, on top of all the other costs of the build.

So I have 4 silencers on Form 4's right now. I am lucky that SBS/SBR is not legal in my state or the ATF would have at least $2000 more of cash.