In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M1A, M1 Garand, Cal. 30 carbine?

Comments

• Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never mind, he caught it- (.30 carbine)
  • Options
    Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
    edited November -1
    Well, it's something! [:D]
  • Options
    ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apparently does not know the difference between a Garand and a M1A, probably is .30-06 as well.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The cal. was originally listed as .30 carbine[:D]
  • Options
    GashaulerGashauler Member Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So what is the correct answer in the heading he has it as a 7.62x51 and in the text he has the caliber as 30-06. I am now intrigued.

FWIW I don't know jack about these guns.
  • Options
    swopjanswopjan Member Posts: 3,292
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Gashauler
    So what is the correct answer in the heading he has it as a 7.62x51 and in the text he has the caliber as 30-06. I am now intrigued.

I'm no expert but it's a Garand (compare it to the actual M1A he has for sale, the profile is much different towards the muzzle). So more than likely a .30-06 unless it's been rechambered, and I don't think a .30-06 would rechamber easily to .308 since the '06 is longer by 12cm. Looks like it's not a bad price if it works but I'd want more pictures first.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are in the firearms business, the least you have to do is learn to read (& take decent photos).

The US military converted thousands of M1 rifles to 7.62 mm NATO simply by installing new barrels. (A plastic insert prevents attempts to load .30-06).

What is he selling? I haven't a clue, & couldn't care less.

Neal
  • Options
    Mr. OMr. O Member Posts: 260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by swopjan
    quote:Originally posted by Gashauler

I'm no expert but it's a Garand (compare it to the actual M1A he has for sale, the profile is much different towards the muzzle). So more than likely a .30-06 unless it's been rechambered, and I don't think a .30-06 would rechamber easily to .308 since the '06 is longer by 12cm. Looks like it's not a bad price if it works but I'd want more pictures first.

mm, Not cm