In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

tacticool people w/ spray & pray mentality

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
I hope there's not many on this board. One of my relatives is borderline that way. He has a dozen mags for his 9mm carbine and pistol. He's trying to find a bayonet to attach to a rail on the carbine. He's building a tacticool 12 ga pump.

I've encouraged him over and over to include a S&W revolver or two in his arsenal but he just doesn't get it.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,356 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:I hope there's not many on this boardI think there's a ton of them on this board, judging by some AR types, and AKs that have been pictured on here over the years.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    My preference is for one, well placed shot; unless of course you need to shoot your way out of an L ambush.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    quote:I hope there's not many on this boardI think there's a ton of them on this board, judging by some AR types, and AKs that have been pictured on here over the years.

Yes, but I'll wager the majority of those were at least reasonably good marksmen. The gentleman in question has barely done familiarization fire with these.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a bunch of MGs
    They are fun for other folks to enjoy
    But their only real purpose is suppressive fire in the real world
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last I knew that required at least a squad to pull off.

"Why do I carry concealed? Because a squad of Marines is hard to fit in the Minivan."

quote:Originally posted by Ray B
    My preference is for one, well placed shot; unless of course you need to shoot your way out of an L ambush.
  • Options
    0oAKo47o00oAKo47o0 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭
    edited November -1

I prefer wood on my AKs.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not into that silliness. I don't get it. I hate the look of the rails, lights, bayonets (as if a rail mount knife is going to work twice).

I have 2 mags ea caliber that I carry when I shoot. I rarely use the second mag, it's just a back up. I like to dump a mag and change guns. I don't want the gun too hot to hold. So I give it down time with a mag reload or change of calibers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx
    Last I knew that required at least a squad to pull off.

"Why do I carry concealed? Because a squad of Marines is hard to fit in the Minivan."

quote:Originally posted by Ray B

So if you don't have a squad I guess you have a better idea?
  • Options
    JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I find the tacticool people hard to take serious. I am more of a traditionalist I suppose.

My AR15 don't even have scopes and will never have all the other crap people hang on them.

But to each their own.
    formerly known as warpig883
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You ought to be happy you have family members that are into shooting instead of being MR. JUDGMENTAL.

Good god man isn't there room for everyone??
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like too do mag dumps every once in awhile. As for my AR it has a QR mount for the scope, BUIS, and rails for the placement of a light.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spray means fully automatic fire

Not tacticool
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    I am not bothered by the tacticool crowd anymore than I am bothered by the smoke pole crowd that dresses in buckskin and has their possibles bag tied to their waist. Any pro gun crowd is a friend of mine. People enjoy different things and 99.9 percent of gun owners will only ever see range time and will never use their firearms in a real life situation. So if they enjoy a different shooting experience than me, more power to them, as long as they are in the shooting community.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    I am not bothered by the tacticool crowd anymore than I am bothered by the smoke pole crowd. Any pro gun crowd is a friend of mine. People enjoy different things and 99.9 percent of gun owners will only ever see range time and will never use their firearms in a real life situation. So if they enjoy a different shooting experience than me, more power to them, as long as they are in the shooting community.

Well said.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    20130714_121759_zps6371a23e.jpg

Scope mount is in and going on. Considering this started as a MAK, I like it better than what it was. I despised collapsible stocks, but now that I have it I like it.

The AR is OEM with a scope.

Seriously, after I did it, I like the AK this way.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All right, I did put a Nikon Scope and Harris bipod on the AR and have plans of laying out wood bridge and staking out varmints this weekend.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh no!! You hurt my feelers!! I have a Glock-Light that fits on my Glock or S&W pistols...I have a scope/red dot on my AR...I have a Mossberg shotgun with an adjustable stock that holds shells...I have a .300 WinMag that is completely duracoated in Woodland camo.

On the other hand, I have a nice Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag, Ruger 77 .308, Mossberg 500 20 gauge, and others that are bone stock.

My thought is pretty simple, if there is an "accessory" that I either think to be useful or that I just simply like, I put it on my gun.

Jon
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 0oAKo47o0
    pq4e.jpg

Now the hood ornament is something I am just going to have to have.

On a serious note concerning this thread, I can't get too enthused about some of the tacticool accessory garbage that folks hang on their guns. Some of them look like a Klingon Battle Weapon.

With that said, what that means for me is that I am not going to buy any of that stuff. Don't see the point.

If someone else wants to dress up their gun? Not my money...I don't care.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not even a green laser?
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pq4e.jpg

[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    My wife has killed three deer thru the head with one bullet.
    "i have pics"te]

That must of been quite a shot- were the three deer standing close together or did she calculate the angle of exit for the first two?
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I prefer wood on my AKs.

At my age, I appreciate wood whenever I can get it. [;)]
  • Options
    CbtEngr01CbtEngr01 Member Posts: 4,340
    edited November -1
    not a fan of the ninja glock huh?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16

I prefer wood on my AKs.

At my age, I appreciate wood whenever I can get it. [;)]

Have you ever gone black?

Try it. Might not go back.

There is some bad wood out there. Bill & Hillary are partially to blame. The MAK-90 is just cut wrong.
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one AR with the light rails and a light.
    I have one piston AR with a red dot and BUIS.
    I have one AR with collapsible stock, the rest is stock.
    I have one AR with a standard stock, nothing else.

I guess I could go new-school tacticool, or stay old school when I shoot.

As was posted, as long as the shooter supports the second, votes accordingly, and is not a knot head shooting up the landscape and leaving a mess behind, I don't really mind what they hang on their guns.