In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question for auction sellers

mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
Question for auction sellers. How long do you wait for payment.I think an feel payment should be in sellers hand with in 5 days to 7 day at most after auction ends. What is resonable or an accepted time. thanks Mike

Comments

• Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "How long do you wait for payment."
    Til it gets here. I've never sold anything on the auction side that I didn't receive payment for. I'm more patient than most, if gets here with 2 weeks I'm happy. I won't even send a payment reminder unless it's been a month or so.
    Now I'm not running an online business as a lot of sellers are so I'm in not in a big rush to get the money.
    As a buyer the payment is on it's way within 24hrs. Usually in the sellers hand by the 3rd day.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Ten days, unless I'm told otherwise in advance.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too long.....I wait too long. [:D]

Really though....most of the time two weeks is a good rule. If we have HEARD from the buyer and they convince us that they are really paying for an item we give longer, but its not a good thing to do this because someone might just string you along for over a month.....just sayin'.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use to get worked up over it. I figure if they buy it, they could at least get the money in the mail the next day.

But now, I just don't care any more. When it arrives, it arrives. If it don't, I file NPB on the last day possible. It's just not worth getting worked up over. Unless it's $10K... THEN it's ok to get worked up
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    Ten days, unless I'm told otherwise in advance.

Hey buddy! May I bid on your auction and if I win can I send payment in a couple months? [:o)]
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just had one that took a couple of months to receive payment. The buyer emailed me after the first week that he and his wife were in China picking up their new daughter and had forgotten to make payment before they left. I figured this was the best reason for a late payment I could get so I was glad to hold the gun till they returned.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think 10 days is fair. A seller should post the time payment is expected in the auction.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AGREE With Mike.

I send payment the same day or next business day dependent upon mail pickup. If pay by CC, I call first available time seller posts.

I also use GB checkout and keep current. I wish everybody did.
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I expect it in 7-10 days unless you tell me different. If you wanted it bad enough there is no reason you cant pay for it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the input guys just wondering had a few that never answered back so i just did a relist. thanks
  • Options
    TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We do 7 days. But we usually wait for 10 days before we send a payment reminder.
    In most cases I have found, if they haven't paid in 10 days then they do not plan on paying.
    They will not respond to the payment reminder.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if I sell something, 10 days is the most and think that is fair. Course, you will hear every excuse under the sun,,that I am in China is a good one.. When I buy something,,I have payment in the mail that day or the next,,sellers like that.[:)]
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Unlike ancient times, payment and FFL are now seldom sent together. The FFL is usually emailed to me from the buyer's dealer, and generally arrives ahead of the check. No one has ever sent an FFL and failed to pay. If I have the FFL, I know that payment is coming, even if it is slow.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thank you all for your experience an wisdom from your time in the trenches selling items. I think if payment an ffl has not arrived in 7 days them there is a problem. I agree if ffl arrives before payment them you can wait as it will come.