In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thank God it's Sunday...

NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
And the house guests we've had since Thursday night will be heading home! They're nice enough folks, kinda shoestring relatives, but liberal as all get out.
I do most of the cooking here and can pretty much grab what I need in the kitchen with my eyes closed. When folks come in and re-arrange things because they thought it would be more efficient, well that rankles me some. When they can't seem to understand the concept of putting the lid down on the toilet so that the pups don't drink out of it, that also stirs my ire. When they claim to be all-fired concerned about the environment and yet seem to try and turn on every light in the house, whether it's needed or not... Rankled again.
When the fella thinks it's OK to go to the local fishing hole twice in one day and catch his legal limit, twice, I had to say something about that one.[:(!]
Put things back where you got them, be mindful of who's paying the bill, put the toilet seat down so the pups don't drink out of it and then come give you a sloppy lick. Simple, right?
Sigh...
Maybe I'm just getting to be a cantankerous old coot that is too set in his ways.[;)]

Comments

• Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    All our guests bring happiness

some by coming

others by going

Outstanding I'm gonna remember that quote. [^]
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hear you, Neo. My favorite day when the wife's relatives come to visit, is ALWAYS the day they leave.

Nice enough, but Begeezuz! [;)]

Don't worry, my goal in life has long been to become a curmudgeon. [:I]
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Steve,
    What are you doing entertaining guest when you should be Chinook fishing? Bad guest are nothing that can't be cured with a drink of good whiskey and a good cigar, after they are gone.
    W.D.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fish and visitors stink after three days.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CapnMidnight
    Steve,
    What are you doing entertaining guest when you should be Chinook fishing? Bad guest are nothing that can't be cured with a drink of good whiskey and a good cigar, after they are gone.
    W.D.

They would have invited themselves to go along! They're that kind of folk. Anyway, they're gone, headed back downstream towards you and Dads. I'm not much of one for ceegars, but I do have a couple fingers of ice cold 1910 settin' on the table next to me and it is a great comfort!