In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

When you become so fat.....

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
You effect other people and safety you have crossed a line.

I was enlisted to help a fat lady off the toilet today.

Disgusting. Probably about 38-40 years old, could not stand up on her own. Took 6 guys to lift her off the toilet.

You could not just grab her arms and lift her because she could not use her own legs to assist, we would have torn her arms off.

People like this live off of society.

They get disability for being too fat to work. [xx(][xx(]
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    You effect other people and safety you have crossed a line.

    I was enlisted to help a fat lady off the toilet today.

    Disgusting. Probably about 38-40 years old, could not stand up on her own. Took 6 guys to lift her off the toilet.

    You could not just grab her arms and lift her because she could not use her own legs to assist, we would have torn her arms off.

    People like this live off of society.

    They get disability for being too fat to work. [xx(][xx(]





    Yep and these Obama voters obviously don't work and they continue their unhealthy lifestyle simply because they vote DEMOCRAT and the producers in America are paying for it. The ACA makes allowances for such species.

    Now here is the interesting part for those who WORK for a living: The GOVWENMENT has established weight and body fat (BMI) standards which, in the future, could determine whether you will receive healthcare and force you to pay. Also insurance companies can skyrocket your premiums if you exceed GOVERNMENT BMI standards, you risk losing insurance or paying increased premiums.

    If you're satisfied with the ACA, thank a DEMOCRAT
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a 30= yr FF I always wondered how they got so FAT on welfare.
    The ones we cut out of the house made us pray they NEVER were brought back home. The main trauma center had to buy a obesity transport ambulance [AKA fat bus] for the house bound whales. ALL taxpayer funded.
    One call I told the "fat bus" driver he might have to grease the rear door frame to get the elephant in.
    Then when they got her in I said "don't forget Tina's eatin'spoon" and handed him a snow shovel.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So, how did she get there in the first place?
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I assume gravity was on her side.

    Peace

    Dan

    quote:Originally posted by bullshot


    So, how did she get there in the first place?
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On the flip side she may have a medical condition she had no control of.
  • Options
    aliasalias Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:
    On the flip side she may have a medical condition she had no control of.

    Yeah, fork-in-mouth disease.
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who wiped her butt? [:D]
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    On the flip side she may have a medical condition she had no control of.


    Yea,,,sure,,and you are going to have a give away.[8)]
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After 23 years in the hospital setting, I can relate to that. As part of the Safety Committee we had to get a chair once for a unit secretary that would hold one thousand pound rated. She broke it,,she was at least 650lb with no glandular disease. Soon had to quit and died at like 45 y/o/
    Ambulance bringing in a regular, cart would not raise up, not stable, she was over 700lbs. No glandular disease.
    I could go on and on.[|)]
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper
    After 23 years in the hospital setting, I can relate to that. As part of the Safety Committee we had to get a chair once for a unit secretary that would hold one thousand pound rated. She broke it,,she was at least 650lb with no glandular disease. Soon had to quit and died at like 45 y/o/
    Ambulance bringing in a regular, cart would not raise up, not stable, she was over 700lbs. No glandular disease.
    I could go on and on.[|)]



    Did you read the MAY have a medical condition.
  • Options
    Franz?Franz? Member Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The current situation regarding hospital care of the HUGE doesn't end with moving them to the hospital.
    Lard has its own Special designation now, Bariatric, and you best say it with love. We now have Bariatric ambulances equipped with hydraulic arms to hoist the gurney and other ambulances with ramps & winches.

    Mandates on new hospital construction have caused tremendous cost increases. One Hospital I'm very conversant with installed overhead hoist rails in half of the ICU to lower Nursing staff injuries. The local "Disability" Group immediately began bitching about patients being treated like hanging meat in a slaughterhouse, and patient family members became more obnoxious about treatment.
    Federal standards mandate larger doors to all patient rooms. high capacity wheelchairs & gurneys and other equipment from beds on. UT staff tells me the equipment can not penetrate the blubber to image, and forget getting Mobey in the MRI or CT Scanner.
    Engineering standards for HVAC design now include additional factors for the obese.

    Then there are the lardos who are so fat they can not be tubed if they stop breathing.
    Walk through the Cardiac surgery floor and you don't need to be a Doctor to figure out half of the patients are there because of lard. Their family visits and brings Mobey a bucket of KFC and half gallon of ice cream and of course, diet soda. My darling wife who carries a CCRN on her License threatened to strangle me if I laughed during the Discharge group session. The creature conducting it, a 300+ pound Nurse, lectured the group on the importance of diet and weight control. They had to look in the supply closet to find me a complementary tee shirt in my size, there were none on the cart. I only weighed 175 at 6'1".

    The ultimate I've seen was the 650# patient that rolled out of the hospital bed and made a blubber cushioned landing on the deck. Hospital staff couldn't rebed Mobey so they called the Fire Department. Fire employed a tarp and manpower to elevate the creature onto a gurney and then into the bed in 2 lifts.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    when i visited in a wichita hospital this summer it finally dawned on me how large/wide the wheelchairs were ????????...
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Franzc
    The current situation regarding hospital care of the HUGE doesn't end with moving them to the hospital.
    Lard has its own Special designation now, Bariatric, and you best say it with love. We now have Bariatric ambulances equipped with hydraulic arms to hoist the gurney and other ambulances with ramps & winches.

    Mandates on new hospital construction have caused tremendous cost increases. One Hospital I'm very conversant with installed overhead hoist rails in half of the ICU to lower Nursing staff injuries. The local "Disability" Group immediately began bitching about patients being treated like hanging meat in a slaughterhouse, and patient family members became more obnoxious about treatment.
    Federal standards mandate larger doors to all patient rooms. high capacity wheelchairs & gurneys and other equipment from beds on. UT staff tells me the equipment can not penetrate the blubber to image, and forget getting Mobey in the MRI or CT Scanner.
    Engineering standards for HVAC design now include additional factors for the obese.

    Then there are the lardos who are so fat they can not be tubed if they stop breathing.
    Walk through the Cardiac surgery floor and you don't need to be a Doctor to figure out half of the patients are there because of lard. Their family visits and brings Mobey a bucket of KFC and half gallon of ice cream and of course, diet soda. My darling wife who carries a CCRN on her License threatened to strangle me if I laughed during the Discharge group session. The creature conducting it, a 300+ pound Nurse, lectured the group on the importance of diet and weight control. They had to look in the supply closet to find me a complementary tee shirt in my size, there were none on the cart. I only weighed 175 at 6'1".

    The ultimate I've seen was the 650# patient that rolled out of the hospital bed and made a blubber cushioned landing on the deck. Hospital staff couldn't rebed Mobey so they called the Fire Department. Fire employed a tarp and manpower to elevate the creature onto a gurney and then into the bed in 2 lifts.


    [:D]
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went to Walmart today for a fast chicken lunch. The isles were packed with hoards of uber-tubbies out to get more soda, chips and dip. microwave ready junk food and candy.
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a lardo sister who may not compete with some above but at 5'6" and 375 she can't fly without buying 2 seats.

    She is the ultimate low life scams SS, gets caught still gets some of our money, food stamps and she has a bunch of cats and a dog and with all her health problems she smokes those small cigars (Inhales) but the funniest thing of all is her two biggest shopping days of the year:
    the day after Halloween and the day after Valentine's day
    She sits in one of those Wal-Mart electric things dragging a full cart which she fills with all the candy treats.
    She will buy 100 + bags of everything you can imagine has COPD, diabetes, heart trouble, can't walk and is the most foul mouthed mean spirited person I know.

    And as big of a low life as she is she looks down on black people, thinks they are beneath her and regularly uses the "N" word.

    She constantly accuses everyone of absurd wrong doing that makes you wonder how she can even contrive the thoughts and I finally disowned her telling her to never contact me and just consider me dead.

    It is actually nice to have that darkness completely out of my life

    When people insist on being self destructive and drag you down with them remember, you don't have to take that krap. You can walk away
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper
    After 23 years in the hospital setting, I can relate to that. As part of the Safety Committee we had to get a chair once for a unit secretary that would hold one thousand pound rated. She broke it,,she was at least 650lb with no glandular disease. Soon had to quit and died at like 45 y/o/
    Ambulance bringing in a regular, cart would not raise up, not stable, she was over 700lbs. No glandular disease.
    I could go on and on.[|)]


    Did you read the MAY have a medical condition.



    YEA, and I MAY have a Dale Jr. car in the garage that was his very own car equipped with signed brakeline and original cement blocks for it.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wulfmann
    I have a lardo sister who may not compete with some above but at 5'6" and 375 she can't fly without buying 2 seats.

    She is the ultimate low life scams SS, gets caught still gets some of our money, food stamps and she has a bunch of cats and a dog and with all her health problems she smokes those small cigars (Inhales) but the funniest thing of all is her two biggest shopping days of the year:
    the day after Halloween and the day after Valentine's day
    She sits in one of those Wal-Mart electric things dragging a full cart which she fills with all the candy treats.
    She will buy 100 + bags of everything you can imagine has COPD, diabetes, heart trouble, can't walk and is the most foul mouthed mean spirited person I know.

    And as big of a low life as she is she looks down on black people, thinks they are beneath her and regularly uses the "N" word.

    She constantly accuses everyone of absurd wrong doing that makes you wonder how she can even contrive the thoughts and I finally disowned her telling her to never contact me and just consider me dead.

    It is actually nice to have that darkness completely out of my life

    When people insist on being self destructive and drag you down with them remember, you don't have to take that krap. You can walk away


    Wow, Sorry to hear that. You can't pick your family. Have some real winners in our family too[xx(]
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Has Anyone Ever heard of
    Manic Depression I Know Good People Who Fit the Profile And Need Help
    To Correct it. It Should Be Up to Dr's To help get them Into A Program to Help Make them Productive Again
    JMHO
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper
    After 23 years in the hospital setting, I can relate to that. As part of the Safety Committee we had to get a chair once for a unit secretary that would hold one thousand pound rated. She broke it,,she was at least 650lb with no glandular disease. Soon had to quit and died at like 45 y/o/
    Ambulance bringing in a regular, cart would not raise up, not stable, she was over 700lbs. No glandular disease.
    I could go on and on.[|)]


    Did you read the MAY have a medical condition.



    YEA, and I MAY have a Dale Jr. car in the garage that was his very own car equipped with signed brakeline and original cement blocks for it.


    I highly doubt that but go ahead and post a pic. Mine has documentation. Sorry it offends you.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some folk have no self control. Its a shame..
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are few things worse than a recovering alcoholic or former fat person...

    I topped out at 369 lbs

    I was quite active - beer league softball - hiking - trap shooting.

    While I was morbidly obese and slowly killing myself i was not poor white trash or a pathetic home bound mobility scooter riding slob.

    Managed to have a good looking younger girlfriend and went to the gym once a week.

    Just a few random thoughts.

    Mike
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrmike08075
    There are few things worse than a recovering alcoholic or former fat person...

    I topped out at 369 lbs

    I was quite active - beer league softball - hiking - trap shooting.

    While I was morbidly obese and slowly killing myself i was not poor white trash or a pathetic home bound mobility scooter riding slob.

    Managed to have a good looking younger girlfriend and went to the gym once a week.

    Just a few random thoughts.

    Mike

    Did they have a good vending machine there or something?[:o)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No vending machine but they were right next door to a checkers.

    Gotta love the big buford and spicy fries.

    BTW I was down to 240 lbs before the cancer - lost about 10 lbs a month for 24 months.

    Riding the F800R is fun now.

    Mike
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,822 ******
    edited November -1
    There, but for the grace of God, go I.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper
    After 23 years in the hospital setting, I can relate to that. As part of the Safety Committee we had to get a chair once for a unit secretary that would hold one thousand pound rated. She broke it,,she was at least 650lb with no glandular disease. Soon had to quit and died at like 45 y/o/
    Ambulance bringing in a regular, cart would not raise up, not stable, she was over 700lbs. No glandular disease.
    I could go on and on.[|)]


    Did you read the MAY have a medical condition.



    YEA, and I MAY have a Dale Jr. car in the garage that was his very own car equipped with signed brakeline and original cement blocks for it.


    I highly doubt that but go ahead and post a pic. Mine has documentation. Sorry it offends you.


    Believe me, nothing you could say or do would offend me,,that comes along with being a worker in a hospital for 23 plus years,,you have to be there to know what I mean.
  • Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I worked in a hospital, in patient care a long time back. I remember a woman patient so fat that they had to chain 2 beds together, side to side, to fit her. She was actually a pleasant person to be around. What I don't understand is when these extremely fat people get to a certain point, they need a support staff of enablers. What the heck is wrong with them. The only thing I can figure is they're dependent on Fatso's SSI check.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wulfmann
    I have a lardo sister who may not compete with some above but at 5'6" and 375 she can't fly without buying 2 seats.

    She is the ultimate low life scams SS, gets caught still gets some of our money, food stamps and she has a bunch of cats and a dog and with all her health problems she smokes those small cigars (Inhales) but the funniest thing of all is her two biggest shopping days of the year:
    the day after Halloween and the day after Valentine's day
    She sits in one of those Wal-Mart electric things dragging a full cart which she fills with all the candy treats.
    She will buy 100 + bags of everything you can imagine has COPD, diabetes, heart trouble, can't walk and is the most foul mouthed mean spirited person I know.

    And as big of a low life as she is she looks down on black people, thinks they are beneath her and regularly uses the "N" word.

    She constantly accuses everyone of absurd wrong doing that makes you wonder how she can even contrive the thoughts and I finally disowned her telling her to never contact me and just consider me dead.

    It is actually nice to have that darkness completely out of my life

    When people insist on being self destructive and drag you down with them remember, you don't have to take that krap. You can walk away

    Holy crap! You and me could be brothers!
Sign In or Register to comment.