In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

US Government doesn't Value Soldiers' Lives (L)

swampgutswampgut Member Posts: 5,555
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/military
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

It's institutionalized disrespect.[V]

Comments

• Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Already covered brotha, but certainly worth raising the issue again.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=493380

As far as I am concerned, it matters not to me if the kid is a soldier, or not. If a person is elected to office and they do not take the damn time to respond to the very very people who put them there, what good are they?

Thanks for the post Swampgut.

NS
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Along those same lines...just take a visit at the local VA Hospitals around the country. Once you've done your time, it's a crap shoot whether or not you'll get decent care. You will have to fight tooth and nail for your disability...even after their own docs recommend you for 100%. Soldiers are worth their weight in gold while still fighting...they are a burden after they've put their time in. [:(]

My son wants to serve...that makes me proud and sad at the same time. I don't want him to have to deal with what I've dealt with since leaving the service.
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    God and soldier we both adore in time of war, but not before; And when war is over and all things are righted, God is neglected and an old soldier slighted. - Anonymous

Just saying. [;)]

NS
  • Options
    minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    Nothing new. [V]

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
    But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.... Rudyard Kipling 1892

Allen
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One could say the same for a number of careers/professions....human nature to take for granted until the time "they" are needed.
  • Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    The love of money is the root of all evil.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    just ask any vietnam veteran, how much the government values them, i have major hearing loss from the war,and i will never go to the VA, eastbank.
  • Options
    swampgutswampgut Member Posts: 5,555
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Night Stalker
    Already covered brotha, but certainly worth raising the issue again.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=493380

As far as I am concerned, it matters not to me if the kid is a soldier, or not. If a person is elected to office and they do not take the damn time to respond to the very very people who put them there, what good are they?

Thanks for the post Swampgut.

NS

You're welcome.

Letting the garbage get away with it only causes the problem to grow.

As a people we are going to have to get out the hangin' ropes or nothing will change.

Politicians should be in fear of their lives every day they are in office.

As it is now, they are the only ones who sleep knowing they will never be held accountable.
  • Options
    kabarkabar Member Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Took me almost 40 yrs. to get my 100% disability. You have to fight tooth & nail to get what is owed to you. It was a long hard fight.
  • Options
    ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    I never take a soldier for granted.

Only 2 people have died so I can be free and that's Soldiers and Jesus
  • Options
    GONESHOOTINGGONESHOOTING Member Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why don't we use the soldiers to clean the white house and congress of corruption and point new people that have good track records[?]
    And send them to a court where we could judge and sentence them[?][}:)]