In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

benelli Vinci

SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
benelli's new 12 gauge in this months edition of american rifleman.
alot of plastic and pretty funny looking. 1400 bucks.
anyone shot one?

Comments

• SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    anybody know anything about the new benelli vinci??? comes out march 31, 09
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tplumeri
    benelli's new 12 gauge in this months edition of american rifleman.
    alot of plastic and pretty funny looking. 1400 bucks.
    anyone shot one?
    you mean its uglier than their nova?
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
  • War Pig ActualWar Pig Actual Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love my Nova!!!!
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read about it--mehhh if I'm gonna spend $1,400 on a scattergun it better be made with a real blued barrel & blued or nitride receiver and stocks from a nice walnut.
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,504 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At least it looks better in camo helps break up the ugly lines I haven't shot one local gun store has one of each
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    If you believe the advertisements, it's THE BIGGEST thing to hit the shotgun market in 100 years!
    I understand form follows function, but that forend looks like it s/b on another gun! just doesn't look right.
    jmho
    tom
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    I read about it--mehhh if I'm gonna spend $1,400 on a scattergun it better be made with a real blued barrel & blued or nitride receiver and stocks from a nice walnut.
    +10
  • RockFlyRockFly Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If someone says "I don't like it 'cause it's ugly," then I know they haven't shouldered one. Do yourself a favor and judge it AFTER you shoot one. I picked up my new Vinci this weekend and went right to the trap course to try it out. Ran 50+ rounds thru it and it functioned flawlessly...no malfunctions whatsoever. And I was using 2 3/4" shells, with 1 1/8 oz #7 shot. Not real heavy at all. I'm not a big trap shooter...never been in any competition. But I shot 2 boxes and hit 21/25 and 20/25 with that gun. Not bad for never even holding one before. I liked the step up vent rib with the mid-barrel bead, and it came right up on target almost every time.
    Recoil - I had a little soreness, but nothing like I'm used to. C'mon it's still a 12 ga for pete's sake! I need to just get used to seating it properly every time I bring it up. That's a personal feel thing.
    Takedown - I didn't stop watch time it, but I'm sure I had that thing broken down into 3 pieces and in the closed case in about 30 seconds. A monkey could do it. Very cool!
    Aesthetics/looks - yes, it's very different. But so what? I like that in a gun. I'm a big sucker for a nice wood gun...have several of them (Browning, CZ, Merkel, Huglu, Ithacas, etc.). But the design on this Vinci just strikes me as kinda cool. It will be my duck/goose gun, and I got it in black...only black gun I own. Almost got the camo, but I was convinced by some veteran gun guys that if a duck is close enough to see it, it should be dead. Made sense to me. It got some funny looks on the trap course, but that's their problem. This weekend it it will be a big problem for ducks and geese!
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    I have a Montefelto Silver.......... and a bruised sholder [xx(] Kicks like my wife, I'll never trust Mr. Knapp again [;)][:D]
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have shot them and, yes, they do live up to their hype. If I were in the market to buy a semi-auto (any make, any model) The Vinci would now be in my safe. Bar none, hands down! This is the best and softest semi I have ever shot.

Lance
  • burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zink
    I have shot them and, yes, they do live up to their hype. If I were in the market to buy a semi-auto (any make, any model) The Vinci would now be in my safe. Bar none, hands down! This is the best and softest semi I have ever shot.

Lance

Wanna trade Zink? [;)][;)]
    edited November -1
    Benelli? Mas fina, baby!
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by burdz19
    quote:Originally posted by zink

Lance

Wanna trade Zink? [;)][;)]

I don't own one, just got to shoot it at a gathering of gunsmiths for Gander. I did however just pick up the Weatherby Athena Grade III, and sorry no trade!

Lance
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For 1400.00, i wasnt very impressed. I'm glad i didnt pay for it. Zink likes them though, and thats gotta pull some weight. i aint a annual goose hunter.

Kicks about as hard as an A5 thats been taken care of..
    edited November -1
    This guy sums it up real well, in language I know we will all understand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnDFiVj3D58&feature=player_embedded
  • Winchester 1912Winchester 1912 Member Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    +10

+20
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    folks can lend their opinion regarding looks,..but when push comes to shove,...if you don't have a Benelli, you ain't got shat
    edited November -1
    I have owned 3 benelli super black eagles and sold all of them, as they all jammed. I like the look of a super black eagle better than the Vinci, The futuristic "laser gun" style is just not for everyone. I hope they shoot well........, and may the force be with you![:D]
  • RockFlyRockFly Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    cartod,
    "...may the force be with you." Love it..nicely done!
    BTW, please keep in mind that when your SBE came out, it was considered pretty "futuristic" too! It's funny how we can eventually get past the new or unusual looks of something (like a car for example) once we realize how well it functions.
    Now, off to Jedi-knight a few ducks!