In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

military humor

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,455 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
On some air bases the Air Force is on one side of the field and civilian aircraft use the other side of the field, with the control tower in the middle.

One day the tower received a call from an aircraft asking, "What time is it?" The tower responded, "Who is calling?" The aircraft replied, "What difference does it make?"

The tower replied "It makes a lot of difference. If it is an American Airlines flight, it is 3 o'clock.

If it is an Air Force plane, it is 1500 hours.

If it is a Navy aircraft, it is 6 bells.

If it is an Army aircraft, the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 3.

If it is a Marine Corps aircraft, it's Thursday afternoon and 120 minutes to "Happy Hour."

********************* During training exercises, the lieutenant who was driving down a muddy back road encountered another car stuck in the mud with a red-faced colonel at the wheel. "Your jeep stuck, sir?" asked the lieutenant as he pulled alongside.

"Nope," replied the colonel, coming over and handing him the keys, "Yours is."

**************************** Having just moved into his new office, a pompous, new colonel was sitting at his desk when an airman knocked on the door. Conscious of his new position, the colonel quickly picked up the phone, told the airman to enter, then said into the phone, "Yes, General, I'll be seeing him this afternoon and I'll pass along your message. In the meantime, thank you for your good wishes, sir." Feeling as though he had sufficiently impressed the young enlisted man, he asked, "What do you want?" "Nothing important, sir," the airman replied, "I'm just here to hook up your telephone."

********************* Officer: "Soldier, do you have change for a dollar?" Soldier: "Sure, buddy." Officer: "That's no way to address an officer! Now let's try it again!" Officer: "Soldier. Do you have change for a dollar?" Soldier: "No, SIR!"

Q: How do you know if there is a fighter pilot at your party? A: He'll tell you.
Q: What's the difference between God and fighter pilots A: God doesn't think he's a fighter pilot.
Q: What's the difference between a fighter pilot and a jet engine?
A: A jet engine stops whining when the plane shuts down.

**************************** "Well," snarled the tough old Navy Chief to the bewildered Seaman. "I suppose after you get discharged from the Navy, you'll just be waiting for me to die so you can come and p**s on my grave."

"Not me, Chief!" the Seaman replied. "Once I get out of the Navy, I'm never going to stand in line again!"

It's not what you know that gets you in trouble, it's what you know that just ain't so!
Resident Pyrrhonist

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    youve got to see this.I rec. some of these in an email. great stuff.

http://www.tom-phillips.info/images/funny.military.htm
  • Options
    edited November -1
    On some air bases the Air Force is on one side of the field and civilian aircraft use the other side of the field, with the control tower in the middle. One day the tower received a call from an aircraft asking, "What time is it?"

The tower responded, "Who is calling?"

The aircraft replied, "What difference does it make?"

The tower replied, "It makes a lot of difference........ If it is an American Airlines flight, it is 3 o'clock. If it is an Army plane, it is 1500 hours. If it is a Navy aircraft, it is 6 bells. If it
    is an Marine Corps aircraft, the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 3. If it is a Air Force aircraft, it's Thursday afternoon and 120 minutes to "Happy Hour."

During training exercises, the lieutenant who was driving down a muddy back road encountered another car stuck in the mud with a red-faced colonel at the wheel. "Your jeep stuck, sir?" asked the lieutenant as he pulled alongside. "Nope," replied the colonel, coming over and handing him the keys, "yours is."

Having just moved into his new office, a pompous, new colonel was sitting at his desk when an airman knocked on the door. Conscious of his new position, the colonel quickly picked up the phone, told the airman to enter, then said into the phone, "Yes, General, I'll be seeing him this afternoon and I'll pass along your message. In the meantime, thank you for your good wishes, sir." Feeling as though he had sufficiently impressed the young enlisted man, he asked, "What do you want?" "Nothing important, sir," the airman replied, "I'm just here to hook up your telephone."

Officer: "Soldier, do you have change for a dollar?"
    Soldier: "Sure, buddy."
    Officer: "That's no way to address an officer! Now let's try it again!"
    Officer: "Soldier. Do you have change for a dollar?"
    Soldier: "No, SIR!"
    Q: How do you know if there is a fighter pilot at your party?
    A: He'll tell you.

Q: What's the difference between God and fighter pilots?
    A: God doesn't think he's a fighter pilot.

Q: What's the difference between a fighter pilot and a jet engine?
    A: A jet engine stops whining when the plane shuts down.

A Master Sergeant and a General were sitting in the barbershop. They were both just getting finished with their shaves, when the barbers reached for some after-shave to slap on their faces.

The General shouted, "Hey, don't put that stuff on me! My wife will think I've been in a cathouse!"

The Chief turned to his barber and said, "Go ahead and put it on. My wife doesn't know what the inside of a cathouse smells like."

"Well," snarled the tough old Navy Chief to the bewildered Seaman, "I suppose after you get discharged from the Navy, you'll just be waiting for me to die so you can come and wizz on my grave."

"Not me, Chief!" the Seaman replied. "Once I get out of the Navy, I'm never going to stand in line again!"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A US Air Force C-141 is scheduled to leave Thule Air Base,
    Greenland, at midnight. During the pilot's preflight check, he discovers that the latrine holding tank is still full from the last flight. So a message is
    sent to the base, and an airman who was off duty is called out to take
    care of it.

The young man finally gets to the air base and makes his way to the
    aircraft, only to find that the latrine pump truck has been left
    outdoors and is frozen solid, so he must find another one in the
    hangar, which takes even more time. He returns to the aircraft and is
    less than enthusiastic about what he has to do. Nevertheless, he goes
    about the pumping job deliberately and carefully (and slowly) so as to
    not risk criticism later.

As he's leaving the plane, the pilot stops him and says, "Son, your
    attitude and performance has caused this flight to be late, and I'm
    going to personally see to it that you are not just reprimanded, but
    punished."

Shivering in the cold, his task finished, he takes a deep breath,
    stands up tall and says, "Sir, with all due respect, I'm not your son;
    I'm an Airman in the United States Air Force. I've been in Thule,
    Greenland for eleven months without any leave, and reindeer are
    beginning to look pretty good to me. I have one stripe; it's two-thirty
    in the morning, the temperature is 40 degrees below zero, and my job here is
    to pump **** from your aircraft. Now just exactly what form of punishment
    did you have in mind?"
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Ha! Good one!

Actually, if the A/C was left for any length of time, the holding tank would have been frozen solid.

Question: Do they allow A/C on the line to 'cold soak', or do they keep the cabins warm with auxilliary power?
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I suppose his punishment could be an assignment extension. [:D] PCS orders cancelled.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They just get cold, at least at the three bases where I was stationed.

Merc

quote:Originally posted by givette
    Ha! Good one!

Actually, if the A/C was left for any length of time, the holding tank would have been frozen solid.

Question: Do they allow A/C on the line to 'cold soak', or do they keep the cabins warm with auxilliary power?
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Such a wuzz

I work in Qaanaaq part time, even further north of Thule Airbase.
    He should come in here instead - I'd show him cold.!
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Close to the guy who was punished for being mouthy by having to burn Shi##ers in Nam. He decided it wasn't all that bad. When asked if he had changed his attitude by his Sgt, he commented that he had-he liked this duty. The Sgt asked why he liked something so dirty, filty, and stinking. The grunt replied that this was a nasty job but the jungle was dirty, stinking, and filthy AND you also got shot at and so far, no one had shot at him on shi##er burning duty.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They used to drop green ice over the ocean.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D] [^]

Sent that one to my BOSS... He's Air Force. [;)]
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I remember seeing that duty on American Graffiti 2. Toad got assigned burn detail as a punishment. [:D] By the end of each day he was pitch black from the diesel smoke. [:D]
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very good, thanks! [;)]