In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Craig Boddington

fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Just shot a Blackbuck in Argentina, at 100Yds. His bullet hit a 1" thick branch, about 8" from the muzzle of his rifle, but they used the images anyway.
Do U think he killed that Antelope? Or did they hand him a carcus to pose over?
Said he was shootin 300wsm 150 Gr., don't know the bullet.

Comments

• The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no matter the bullet, it would have fragged either fully or enough to be a non issue at that range.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I thought so...
    It didn't break the branch off bit it shook it real good, i saw the chip out the branch too.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    probably turned the camera off and went and shot another one then started filming the walk up to it.
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure it wasn't just the muzzle blast that shook the branch???
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by redneckandy
    Sure it wasn't just the muzzle blast that shook the branch???

Muzzle blast 8" from the muzzle on a 300 wsm would be significant, certainly would make it shake and perhaps knock off some bark. Bullet should have came out around 3300fps.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Watch the hunting channels, they beat episodes to DEATH!!
    The branch was CHIPPED/SHREDDED, or i would never have posted the OP.
    It had to be at least a 1" branch to stayed up, had it broke or flew off they would never have let it play.I have shot enough branch to know the bullet,she no go no furder..
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Watch the hunting channels, they beat episodes to DEATH!!
    The branch was CHIPPED/SHREDDED, or i would never have posted the OP.
    It had to be at least a 1" branch to stayed up, had it broke or flew off they would never have let it play.I have shot enough branch to know the bullet,she no go no furder..

Well one thing for sure. At 3300fps a 1" branch should pretty much destroy a hunting bullet.
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If that bullet did indeed hit that antelope, I'd be willing to bet it wasn't in the same spot where he aimed.

No such thing as a "brush bucking" bullet, IMHO, let alone a branch bucking bullet.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "kernel" (USMC retired, mindya) is so full of pooop. He pays a lot of money to ambush "wild" animals sitting & sipping until the right one comes by & write a story about how he stalked & harvested them with his $3,500 dollar rifles, custom left handed of course. Then, he has an employee write an enhanced story about the "hunt" which he sells to a gun magazine, financing another guided set up kill. What a POS, I see that he has stopped using Col. USMC as his byline. Skeeter Skelton is more of my kind of guy. He wouldn't wipe his butt with the Colonel. Ed Craig cux[:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]
  • lunkerbusterlunkerbuster Member Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    seems fishy to me