In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 1906 ?

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
I just called a pawn shop and asked what they had and they have a Winchester 1906 22 for sale for 150+ tax. They wanted 200+ tax but they know me pretty good.

He said it does not fire is it worth it if its in decent shape?

Comments

• Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Depends on how mush it costs to repair.Personally,I would never buy any firearm that "doesn't fire"..
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the wood is very good,,and not beat to hell,,and at least in very good con. overall,,buy it.. [:)]
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Depends on how mush it costs to repair.Personally,I would never buy any firearm that "doesn't fire"..

+1
    Finding out why it doesn't go bang is the first order of business! [;)]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    Id buy it. There aren't many parts so it should be easy to figure out.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would buy it for $150 no question. Providing the condition is good of course.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    finding bolts or firing pins for those old winchesters is impossible and if you do find one they will want more than what the rifle cost.
  • Options
    78FJ4078FJ40 Member Posts: 368 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it the standard model or the deluxe? Think they called that by a different name, but can't recall it. Standard has the ribbed handle on pump and deluxe has a smooth handle.

Do you have the serial number? Have list of numbers by years from 1906 to 1935. Be glad to check the year given the first three digits. I was supposed to get a standard model last Thursday when it came out of pawn; supposedly owner came in and made a payment. Located in south Arkansas; asking was $225 plus tax.