In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NJ welcomes the Super Bowl teams

TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
I saw a news piece that showed New Jersey is acting like New Jersey again. [:D]

Under their state's law all Super Bowl players and team staff members will be taxed on any wages and bonuses earned while in their state.

This means each member on the winning side in this year's Super Bowl will be paying 8.97% on their game salary plus another $8,252.40 tax on that Super Bowl bonus check they'll receive.

In addition, let's not forget those $20,000-$30,000 Super Bowl rings they'll all be presented with. They're a benefit and are also subject to this tax.

Comments

• footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Thats why they spell it 'S C R E W J E R S E Y'...0le Gov Chubs just trying to make ends meet [;)]
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    If true, you know the teams and players will be sure to not take receipt of their bonuses and gifts within the state.According to what I was reading it's already been settled.

Per their laws, the money is being earned in NJ so it's taxable in NJ.
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow... How about that. Maybe that is why everyone is rushing to move up there?[:D]
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    Thats why they spell it 'S C R E W J E R S E Y'...0le Gov Chubs just trying to make ends meet [;)]

Ole chubs may be done....fat boy's buddy that he threw under the bus isn't going down quietly. He is saying he has proof that chubs knew about the lane closures in advance and that chubs is lying...there is gonna be a pig roast.
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D]
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like NY they really need the $$ in NJ since folks are leaving in droves to escape the taxes and crazy gun laws.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

Ole chubs may be done....fat boy's buddy that he threw under the bus isn't going down quietly. He is saying he has proof that chubs knew about the lane closures in advance and that chubs is lying...there is gonna be a pig roast.

It couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I am still trying to figure out why they would even play the superbowl in NJ.
    RLTW

• TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    I am still trying to figure out why they would even play the superbowl in NJ.NFL policy has long said the Super Bowl venue must either be an enclosed stadium or in an area with an average temp of 50 degrees or higher on the scheduled game day. MetLife stadium fits neither criteria and should never have even been allowed to bid.

Same as any other situation, if enough money changes hands rules can be bent. [;)]
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yo ! Fuggedaboutit !!!

Super-Bowl-2014-date.jpg

[;)][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books