In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

PT Cruiser DIY Woody

bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Not mine but I spoke to the driver and he claims doing all modifications himself. His wife nodded and rolled her ayes at the same time so I believe the guy. Should have a rack on top with a surfboard.

Whaddya think? I kinda like it.

DSCN11450001_1.jpg

Comments

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it looks GREAT!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
    ~ Jeff Spicoli
    [:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    totally awesome dude!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BTDT
    You can put lipstick on a pig.......[:X]

Well I hope you're proud of yourself Mr. poopy-butt spoilsport Been There Dan That.

This is really MY car and WAS going to be my 2500 post giveaway...
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It needs to be purple with flames and a surfboard on top.
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clown cars!

[:o)]

Merc
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mercury
    Clown cars!

[:o)]

Merc

There is a scary clown that parks near us at the Georgia Tech games with a convertible tie dyed PT Loser and a scissor door kit. I'll have to take a picture and post it. My kids will go around the building to avoid it... (I say it because there is no way to determine if it is a male clown or a female clown)
    edited November -1
    I just thought the guy did a good job.

It looks fairly good IMHO rolling down the road with the whitewalls and baby moons.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I would have thought that making what has to be one of the ugliest designs of the past twenty years look even less attractive would be impossible. I stand corrected!
    edited November -1
    On behalf of my friend I'd like to thank you all for kind the comments.
    I guess it's true - there's no accounting for taste.
    edited November -1
    I've noticed that and will take that under advisement.

It's been my experience that the best way to disapprove of a post you don't like is to ignore it and let it fall off page 1.
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    i learned how to drive in a pt cruiser. the driving school i went to had one and it was the primary ride of the instructor i did all my time with.

i hate the cars. they suck to drive(imho), are too small, and are just all around pieces of crap.

that being said, i think you should drive whatever makes your flag fly and decorate it however you please. i can respect the quality of the work even if i dont like the final product.

i think i rather walk or take the bus than ride is that car though...
    edited November -1
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i saw a flat black PT cruiser with the white walls and baby moons a few weeks ago in Baltimore.
    It was cool, in a wold of grey Toyota Camry's and tan SUV's a few guys still take something and give it character.

I think thats cool.
  • SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    I would have thought that making what has to be one of the ugliest designs of the past twenty years look even less attractive would be impossible. I stand corrected!

They said the same about the edsal , and now they bring 10 times what they were new.
  • Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    I guy that worked for me put a ton of money into one,he actually made it into a sedan delivery truck with custom front end to boot. It looked cool but in the end he lost his * when it came time to sell it as the hotness for them had worn off. I have read that on a side impact during a crash is quite disterious all inside, similar effect with HHR.
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    When did they Last change the Head On it?
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SLING BLADE
    I guy that worked for me put a ton of money into one,he actually made it into a sedan delivery truck with custom front end to boot. It looked cool but in the end he lost his * when it came time to sell it as the hotness for them had worn off. I have read that on a side impact during a crash is quite disterious all inside, similar effect with HHR.

Can't speak for a PT cruiser but here is a HHR...They were all 5 star.. highest rating
    NHTSA Crash-Test Results
    Test LS
    Frontal Driver
    Frontal Passenger
    Side Driver
    Side Rear Passenger
    Crash Test Note Results based on a 35 MPH frontal crash and 38.5 MPH side crash. Results are reported in a range of one to five stars, with five stars indicating the best crash protection for vehicles within the same weight class. This test used driver and passenger belts and airbags.
    NHTSA Rollover Rating
    Rollover Note The Rollover Resistance Rating is an estimate of your risk of rolling over if you have a single vehicle crash. It does not predict the likelihood of that crash. The Rollover Resistance Rating utilizes a "fishhook" maneuver which is a series of abrupt turns at varying speeds to see how "top-heavy" a vehicle is. The more "top-heavy" the vehicle, the more likely it is to roll over. The lowest rated vehicles (1-star) are at least four times more likely to roll over than the
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would that be a WINO? Woody in name only.[:D]
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    You know, I almost didn't open this topic. I really don't care for them things. But I have to admit the woody thing looks pretty good. You improved the looks of the thing!
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BTDT
    You can put lipstick on a pig.......[:X]

pretty much
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I am against abortions...
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    I've seen a few of them like that around her. He may had done it himself, but it was probably a kit. I somehow doubt that there would be multiple people to all do it exactly the same otherwise.

There is also one around here that drives around with a surfboard on the top. The funny part is that I am 3 hours away from even slightly decent surfing AND the surfboard actually has bolts going through it to secure it to the rack.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Is this vehicle in San Francisco? It should be.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    If they would drop a Hemi in these they would be worth about $5K![xx(]
  • utbrowningmanutbrowningman Member Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a PT as a rental once after my car was in the shop. Most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat in. Too short in the seating area - felt like my package was dangling over the edge.
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PT Cruisers do come stock that way.
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by calrugerfan
    I've seen a few of them like that around her. He may had done it himself, but it was probably a kit. I somehow doubt that there would be multiple people to all do it exactly the same otherwise.

There is also one around here that drives around with a surfboard on the top. The funny part is that I am 3 hours away from even slightly decent surfing AND the surfboard actually has bolts going through it to secure it to the rack.
    Seems like I have seen this one myself.