In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"New" Work Truck. How do you think I did?

RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
I have made several comments lately about replacing my current 1994 S-10 with another S-10 for my beater/work truck.

I just barely happened across the link that follows. I have been looking for around 2 months and this link does not come up on craiglist on the normal search.

http://maine.{elsewhere}.org/cto/3427825810.html

Yes, it is a 1995 but man is it in excellent condition. NO RUST, and where I am that is not normal. I have had in at my mechanics to fix the only known problem, (muffler) and to have it underbody coated (fluid film)

It is perfect as my current S-10 and this one share the exact same engine and 5 speed transmission, both are manual doors and windows and it is before all the dash got redesigned. So I now have a woods truck (the 1994) but if need be can use it for spare parts for the 1995.

The tires are even and have over 3/4 of the tread, the rims are brand new. It has new ABS sensors/wheel hubs. The 4" Suspension lift was a professional install and not a backyard hackjob. Interior is mint and non-smoker. I have found two tiny dings in the body. I plan to have the entire black portion Line-X'd in the next two weeks or so to save the body from the Maine winters.

I was able to buy it for $6000 and it was less than an hours drive.

I am happy and that is what matters, but do you think good deal or bad.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Well that link didn't work so I downloaded and photobucketed it.

3I13Me3N45L95Nf5Edcbmd4f79ddd41681cf2.jpg

Looking through my other pics for one of the 1994. Here is one from about 4-5 years ago. It is now much more beat and close to 200000 miles. A total of three switches need to be activated before the truck can even start. 1. Battery. 2. Distributor 3. #4 fuse circuit breaker. Get them lined up then push in clutch, turned the broken key and she always starts though.

DSC06115-2.jpg
  • Options
    torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
    Looks like a good deal.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks real good. How many miles?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sav99
    Looks real good. How many miles?

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just broke in ...good plan..cheaper tags, taxes, insurance...it will pay you back a LOT sooner than a newer one
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice deal! Did the winch come with it?
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Real Cool Deal... [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drobs

Yes, I got the winch with it. It is removable from the front and can mount in the rear hitch and is prewired for the rear also. So I can winch from either end.
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You done well and from looking how well you have taken care of you other S-10 this one will be nice for years to come. If you can find a good used truck with low mileage at a good price as you did you want go wrong. Also I like the manual transmission. What engine does it have in it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Both trucks have the Vortec V6 with the TBI injection. It makes less HP than the CPI version but is much easier and cheaper to repair. Basically I think of it as a glorified carburetor setup. 2 Injectors on top of the intake just where a carb would be.
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RUGERGUNZ
    quote:Originally posted by drobs

Yes, I got the winch with it. It is removable from the front and can mount in the rear hitch and is prewired for the rear also. So I can winch from either end.

Looks like you're set-up for work and hunting truck.[^]
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lift, tires, winch, do I spy a Back Rack headache bar?
    The truck has everything!
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,970 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hard to believe that is a 1995, gret looking truck.[:)]