In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cubs give bartman a ring

204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Maybe I hold a grudge. but if I had been bartman. I would have told them to keep their ring. still think the way they treated that guy is ridiculous. guys whole life changed over that.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    in case no one read the story. the owner of the cubs presented steve bartman with a world series ring. suppose to smooth things over I guess
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,299 ******
    edited November -1
    Did they use a 9mm or .45?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

no guns allowed in chicago
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have took it, and told him I'm going to take it down to the pawn shop and sell it for whatever they'll give me
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    I would have took it, and told him I'm going to take it down to the pawn shop and sell it for whatever they'll give me

I like your idea better....
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks

Go see Rick or Chumlee (is he in jail?) and wait for "the expert" to give them an estimate. Then they'll cut the price by 50% and "negotiate". Fun to be had by all.

*Almost forgot. I thought why is Bart Simpson getting a Cub's ring?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I always have had a serious problem with that whole thing. that guy didn't cost them the series any more than I did. was someone to blame. they could have closed that inning out before it ever got to that point. I use to like the cubs. but after that, I hoped they would never win the world series.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,019 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    bigal125bigal125 Member Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where the hell is he going to be able to wear it in Chit-cago, where he won't get mobbed?! [:0][:(!][}:)]

Big Al (I'd take it and display it with a caption like, "Everyone gets lucky once in a 100 years!") [;)][:0]
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bartman was screwed over by the media and ignorant fans. The media announced his name and address over TV and radio!
    Bartman has turned down Tons of offers many well in to six figures for his story, and he won't sell out. I have to respect him for that.
    What about the other 6 guys that were reaching for the ball?
    What about Gonzales, the short stop booting a double play ball on the next pitch?
    What about Dusty F'n Baker not coming out to the mound to calm the players down?
    Yup, losing in 2003 was as much Bartman's fault as it was mine.
    I'm glad Ricketts gets it. I hope Bartman can have some joy in his life.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We all know that Ballplayers would blame the peanut vendor if that's what it took to get the monkey off of their backs [V], I don't blame them one bit for doing so [:0], there's BIG contract dollars involved [}:)] [:D]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Write him up Chum!! Or Fleabag it,,I would sell it quicker than a Raven that was missing a mag/
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 204targetman
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

no guns allowed in chicago

yes they are allowed, residents can even ccw

another myth about gun laws
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad
    Bartman was screwed over by the media and ignorant fans. The media announced his name and address over TV and radio!
    Bartman has turned down Tons of offers many well in to six figures for his story, and he won't sell out. I have to respect him for that.
    What about Gonzales, the short stop booting a double play ball on the next pitch?
    What about Dusty F'n Baker not coming out to the mound to calm the players down?

Well said Sir!
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,971 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad
    +1