In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ok what would you do

realspeedrealspeed Member Posts: 6,335
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
say you buy a NEW shotgun off of GB.... and it comes in and it is SOOOOO not the pictured gun, and in the auction they say NOTHING about having more than one and you might not get the pictured gun. and the only reason you bought the gun was because of the AMAZING wood that was on the one in the pic. Now the gun you get is sooo pretty but not in comparison to the pictured gun. Would you complain or just keep the gun and go about your business

Comments

• Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Id say I want the one that was advertised. If they didnt say anything about it not being a stock photo or something of that nature, I would be ticked. Same thing with a car, or anything else I might buy online.
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Unless you paid a heavy premium, You've already been had - don't make it worse...
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kidthatsirish
    Id say I want the one that was advertised. If they didnt say anything about it not being a stock photo or something of that nature, I would be ticked. Same thing with a car, or anything else I might buy online.

+1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    now i am going to keep it, i was just curious what everyone else would do
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by realspeed

You paid for something you didn't get.

Glad you are happy. I would be pissed, and the seller would make it right, OR I would be contacting GB and THEY could force the seller to make it right.
  • Options
    MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would you let them get away with ripping you off?
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    send it back.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well like i said there is nothing wrong with the gun, its just not the one that is pictured....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Glad you are happy. I would be pissed, and the seller would make it right, OR I would be contacting GB and THEY could force the seller to make it right.

LOL GB doesnt FORCE anyone to make ANYTHING right lol
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well like i said i ASSumed that since it didnt say anything that, that was the shotgun that i was getting
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

LOL GB doesnt FORCE anyone to make ANYTHING right lol

Sure they do. The problem is solved, or their account gets locked. To a seller and a buyer, either one, that can be pretty hard to take.

Imagine if Kasey were locked out. Pretty hard to take for her.

If you are saying that GB wouldn't take these actions, that would make me seriously rethink EVER doing any business here.
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bobski
    send it back.
    i'd say the same thing,but it's been 6 weeks since you brought it...teach you for not buying from LF...[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    then re-think it.....
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i won a basic aution....sent the money ...seller wanted to keep it and get more money as he relisted same gun, same photos, filed a complaint & finally got money back after about 40 days....but not the gun i won fair & square by the rules...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by xxx97
    quote:Originally posted by bobski
    send it back.
    i'd say the same thing,but it's been 6 weeks since you brought it...teach you for not buying from LF...[:)]

no dam postal MO got lost had to wait to get a new one, they didnt take checks or CC's, so i waited till the post office gave me a new one, theh gun just showedd up today.... NOT THE FAULT of the seller
  • Options
    we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kidthatsirish

+100
  • Options
    MudderChuckMudderChuck Member Posts: 4,105
    edited November -1
    Isn't that called "Bait and switch" and has been illegal about as long as there has been people.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would biitch a fit and send it back

That is fraud!

CP
  • Options
    haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November -1
    If you don't do something about it, they assume it is ok to do it to everyone. It doesn't say anything about not getting that particular gun, and with the way the photos have been taken, they know what they did. Make sure Gunbroker knows about it, and make them give you the right gun, and pay shipping for everything.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He probably doesn't even have the picture gun anymore. just using that pic for all he's selling. It was wrong, but if you like the gun you got, $300 ain't a bad deal. Keep it, but send him a email stating your case. JMHO bob
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    It's going to be kind of hard to * since you already gave the guy A+ feedback.
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    interesting...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115

i left feedback before i realized it wasnt the same gun.... like i said i am happy with the gun for $300, and yes i did send them an email stating that i was very unhappy with not getting the gun taht i thought i was getting
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i am not asking GB to do anything, like i said i am happy with the deal as a whole. I was just asking yall's take on it
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    say you buy a NEW shotgun off of GB.... and it comes in and it is SOOOOO not the pictured gun, and in the auction they say NOTHING about having more than one and you might not get the pictured gun. and the only reason you bought the gun was because of the AMAZING wood that was on the one in the pic. Now the gun you get is sooo pretty but not in comparison to the pictured gun. Would you complain or just keep the gun and go about your business

I'd quit buying off the internet.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hillbille

I'd quit buying off the internet.....

lol you say this on a forum from a internet auction site...... thats funny right there lol
  • Options
    Simple ManSimple Man Member Posts: 3,252
    edited November -1
    The moral of the story, do your homework. You said the reason you bought the shotgun was because of the stock. You didn't get what you paid for, regardless of what you paid for it. I agree with spider. Your case is hard to fight after a A+ rating.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    im not fighting a case..... i was just askin what yall would do, not cause i want to change anything..... i was just curious as to what some of yall would do.... thats it, nothing more, nothing less
  • Options
    rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
    edited November -1
    I'd ask him if he had the gun pictured and if so would he swap stocks with you. if not I'd return for refund (if it hasn't been too long since receiving). I do file photos but never on a weapon.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    ibtb...
    it was 299 and its jo-jo's. call him up and tell him what happened. I'm sure he will make it right or you could sic Kasey on him...
    300 bucks is cheap for a shotgun (especially a new one) so I would ask for the one in the picture and get it too...
    gotta love straightgrip doubles...
    who makes those (huglu or some spanish compny?)
  • Options
    edited November -1