In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

100% on the Vape now, don't mess with me!

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
I'm off cigs and this is a battle, I'm on my way home now and Bry'ann is having second thoughts about it [8D]

I can't mingle with people right now, no talking in the CB because I'll just cuss everyome out. Not havin a good tile but if I survive the next few days without ending up in jail I will be good to go.

As far as the vape box, hitting that thing like a starving junkie and going through juice fast, I've filled the tank 3 times today.

Ohh, if I offend anyone or have offended anyone in the last few days, don't take it personal. Over 30 years of a pack+ a day of Marlboros is a hard habit to break and I'm actually having bouts of the shakes from not smoking. The cashier at the restaraunt yesterday was fixing to call 911 because I was shaking so badly. I'm glad I never got hooked on drugs [:I]

Comments

• Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I smoked for 37 years. I was no more of an * while quitting than I was before.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is four days of living hell then you will be over the addiction. Then it is WILLPOWER. Gary Puckett and the Union Gap wrote a song about it.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just ordered 12 cartons of cigarettes for $239.00 delivered. Best of luck to you.[;)][:)][:)]
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    Just ordered 12 cartons of cigarettes for $239.00 delivered. Best of luck to you.[;)][:)][:)]

Where from at that price? Inquiring minds want to know![:p]
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep going, BSR! Good for you! This coming March it will be six years off dip for me. I quit a bunch of times before, and I hope this times it's finally permanent.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I fought the battle and it is winnable. Cmon!
    Ros
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,027 ******
    edited November -1
    Keep on keeping on,,,[^][^][^][8D][8D][8D][8D]
  • Options
    oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best of luck. Just don't punch anyone for a few days and you'll be home free!!
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hang in there- it's been 21 years since I stopped smoking 1+ packs of Marlboros a day. Tried several "crutches", but cold turkey worked for me. The first week is a real *, just chew some gum or try some peppermint candy instead of the vape. Good luck!!!
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    what nic level are you using ?
  • Options
    AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    With the right setup and level of nicotine you shouldn't even crave a cig. That's how it worked for me when I finally found the right device. 25 of years of carton a week smoking and I haven't had a cig in 2 years. Now I'm down to zero nicotine juice.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Recently they showed that vaping and quitting do not work. Just saying you will not quit till you really want to. Still hope you make it.

quote:Although e-cigarettes are often marketed as devices to help smokers quit, a new study finds they do little to help smokers kick the habit.
    The study, done by UCSF and published in The Lancet Respiratory Medicine, finds that smokers who also vape are 28% less likely to stop smoking cigarettes. According to UCSF, the study reviewed and analyzed the data from 38 other studies and is the largest study to date.
    "E-cigarettes should not be recommended as effective smoking cessation aids until there is evidence that, as promoted and used, they assist smoking cessation," Sara Kalkhoran, MD, a clinical fellow at the UCSF School of Medicine, said in a release.
    "While there is no question that a puff on an e-cigarette is less dangerous than a puff on a conventional cigarette, the most dangerous thing about e-cigarettes is that they keep people smoking conventional cigarettes," says Stanton A. Glantz, PhD, a co-author on the study and director of the school's Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education.
    Last year, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force found there was no evidence to recommend e-cigarettes, or vaping pens as they are also known, to help smokers quit.
    Although e-cigarettes are often promoted by manufacturers as a way to get nicotine fixes where smoking is prohibited, smoking laws and bans across the country often include e-cigarettes. Over 430 cities have laws that ban e-cigarettes where smoking is also prohibited, including San Francisco.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I quit when I bought a new car after a week end trip without smokeing I lit up when I got home took one drag and said to my self WTH you went two days you can do IT never took second drag that was 14 years ago after 40 + years of smoking
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    37 year habit I quit in September with no backsliding.

You may need to get your doc to give you an albutoral inhaler as a rescue breather. I found out cigs had a bronical dialator in them and I couldn't breathe without a hit for a couple of mornings.

You can quit easily if you get the DoDo scared out of you like I did.
    Then you won't need the vape.

Good luck!
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    37 year habit I quit in September with no backsliding.

You may need to get your doc to give you an albutoral inhaler as a rescue breather. I found out cigs had a bronical dialator in them and I couldn't breathe without a hit for a couple of mornings.

You can quit easily if you get the DoDo scared out of you like I did.
    Then you won't need the vape.

Good luck!
    I quit three times....Third was a charm.....free for 25 years...cold turkey is the only way...
  • Options
    AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is this "vape"? Heroin? Opium? Street drugs? [:D]
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had not bought smokes for about 2.5 years, then got a pack of rolling tobacco. I'd roll a couple while having a few beers. Then the extra tar of them unfiltered beasts stayed in my lungs the next day, and I realized even a few cigs once in a while was not for me.
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    19 years for me ,quit COLD TURKEY i am so glad, 1.5 packs of Marlboro's a day

hang in there BSR you can do it leave that vape chit alone, it is not helping you.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59

,,,,,,,,you're preachin' to the choir,,,,,,,,,[:D][}:)]

I quit July 1990 where do you think my handle comes from.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hang in there, BSR!! You can do it!!
  • Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never been a smoker so I can't say personally, but I remember how my mother quit. She smoked at least a couple of packs for ...well, it seemed like forever, probably 30++ years. One day she said (I'd already moved away) she was smoking one, thought to herself "this is the last one" ...and it was. No gum, patches, vape, whatever...she just stopped. Quitting has to be doable if someone really wants to, so just stop & quit whining about it.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The nicotine level I'm using is a 12? It is the max the vape store will sell.

A lot of the bad press about vaping I'm finding out is from the tobacco companies, they want vaping controlled by the fed and taxed ti where it is no cheaper than cigs. Phillip Morris has also been trying to buy out some vape store, vaping is cutting into thier money and they don't like it.

And we've talked about this before, everyone is different and not everyone can quit the same way. When I was suffering from alcholism I was able to quit cold turkey with no nasty withdrawl symptoms, my grandfather had to go to detox to get off booze and I drank way more than he did. Everyone is different and because you quit cold turkey doesnt make those of us who cannot a lessor being, consider yourselves lucky.
  • Options
    Heavy ChevyHeavy Chevy Member Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grdad45
    Hang in there- it's been 21 years since I stopped smoking 1+ packs of Marlboros a day. Tried several "crutches", but cold turkey worked for me. The first week is a real *, just chew some gum or try some peppermint candy instead of the vape. Good luck!!!

Sunflower seeds helped me. It's been 20 years now.

You'll make it! Good Luck!
  • Options
    AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck

A lot of the bad press about vaping I'm finding out is from the tobacco companies, they want vaping controlled by the fed and taxed ti where it is no cheaper than cigs. Phillip Morris has also been trying to buy out some vape store, vaping is cutting into thier money and they don't like it.

And we've talked about this before, everyone is different and not everyone can quit the same way. When I was suffering from alcholism I was able to quit cold turkey with no nasty withdrawl symptoms, my grandfather had to go to detox to get off booze and I drank way more than he did. Everyone is different and because you quit cold turkey doesnt make those of us who cannot a lessor being, consider yourselves lucky.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Vaping worked for me, but doesn't mean it'll work for everybody.

Non-vapers remind me of the liberal anti-gunners, "I don't like it so nobody should do it". Go mind your own f***ing business and don't thread on my liberties.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59

,,,,,,,,you're preachin' to the choir,,,,,,,,,[:D][}:)]

[:D]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The main thing is DON"T QUIT QUITTING! I quit after 40 years, many of them smoking Camel straights. If I can quit, anyone can make it if they are determined.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cold turkey or you're just a * [:D]
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    [:D][;)]+1000[;)][:D] a real one too[}:)]quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    cold turkey or you're just a * [:D]
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrads and keep up the good work and you will survive
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    Gary Puckett and the Union Gap wrote a song about it.

Actually Jerry Fuller wrote it and Gary Puckett and the Union Gap recorded it. [:)]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zink
    quote:Originally posted by armilite

Where from at that price? Inquiring minds want to know![:p]

Email sent. Let me know if you don't get it.
  • Options
    realspeedrealspeed Member Posts: 6,335
    edited November -1
    This past friday was 1 month with no cigs for me, and only vaping. So anyone who says it does nothing to help is full of poop. Whether it be mental of physical it works.

I smoked a week of 6mg
    2weeks of 3mg
    and now smoking 0mg and plan to not even be vaping at the end of 6 weeks.

Good luck, You got this if you really want it. I smoked Reds 1-2 packs a day for 20years

Jimmy
  • Options
    realspeedrealspeed Member Posts: 6,335
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck

you can get higher levels online you may want to try that, they suggested i start on a 16mg but i chose to start on 6 so i could share with buddies...