In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cop Story

MudderChuckMudderChuck Member Posts: 4,105
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
I was in my late teens and had a really nice truck, a 56 Chev step side, Paxton super charger, with a big block 348. I raced some, but was careful, my Dad was death on traffic tickets.

I pulled up to a red light and a really nice looking blond in her early twenties pulls up beside me in an orange C-1 Vet convertible.
She looks me in the eye, smiles and says "if you can beat me you can kiss me", the light changes and away we go, two blocks latter I see the man in my mirror, pull over and get my ticket.

When I got home I told my mother about it, hoping for some moral support. She laughed and said the blond is a Cop and that was her boyfriend behind her in the Police car. My Mom tells me he has the highest ticket count in the division.

My Dad was pretty cool about it, with a twinkle in his eye he asked me if I'd won?

Comments

• Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Seems to me that would qualify as textbook entrapment. Having a non police accomplice break laws would only make it worse.
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    Seems to me that would qualify as textbook entrapment. Having a non police accomplice break laws would only make it worse.

The gal in the Vet was also a Cop. My Mom worked at the same Cop shop.
    Back in those days Some of the citizens and most of the Police actually had a sense of humor. Kids shouldn't be street racing and that was one way to dissuade them, you never really knew who the guy or gal in the other car was.
    There was actually a stretch of road near the Cemetery where the Cops looked the other way.
    That was back in the days before the Cops got mean and started taking themselves way to seriously.
    I remember that Cop well, Hayho was his name. He was likely the biggest Cop on the planet, he made a Harley look like a motor scooter.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was in high school we didn't have drag strips, but the road beside the school was flat and straight. Traffic was rare on that road, so a lot of people used it for the official track.

One night some idiot went out there with a can of yellow striping and painted a start line and a quarter mile finish line. The Highway Patrol closed it down post haste.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How is that a win for you? Seems to me she wins either way! and did you tell your Mother she said that?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

How is that a win for you? Seems to me she wins either way! and did you tell your Mother she said that?

My Mom had an earthy sense of humor, but she could be fierce protecting her chicks. The one that surprised me was my Dad, never cussed, never told off color jokes, when he did cuss it was kind of shocking it was so rare. For him to wink and smile was so out of character it was amazing.
    This was one hot looking blonde, sitting in that convertible with her summer dress half way up her thighs, I had a vision.....
  • Options
    Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
    edited November -1
    Did you win? If so you shoulda threatened to sue her for breach of contract if she didn't perform.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wyatt Earp
    Did you win? If so you shoulda threatened to sue her for breach of contract if she didn't perform.

My thoughts exactly, adding insult to injury. I won, even though she did cheat and left on the red. All I got out of it was a ticket and a story. Learned a valuable lesson that day, to think with my big head instead of my little head. And if it is too good to be true, it likely isn't true.
    That little pickup of mine would move out smartly,understated and quick. Asphalt grey in color, no slicks but stock looking tires larger than normal, aired down. My biggest problem with the truck was traction, it had a three on the tree but would fire up the tires in the first two gears easy. The only thing to tip you off it wasn't a stock truck, was the whine from the compressor and the thump of the exhaust. I had pictures in my mind of winning that race easy and having my load lightened.[:D] Win, win instead of win, lose, lose.
  • Options
    llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our sherrifs office has a "beat the heat" program - they have a supped up mustang and will race any and all comers one weekend a month.

My complaint is that it is 1) straight line drag racing - this ain't racing. And 2) the cop car isn't street legal, but they make darn sure your car is before you race 'em.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by llama
    Our sherrifs office has a "beat the heat" program - they have a supped up mustang and will race any and all comers one weekend a month.

My complaint is that it is 1) straight line drag racing - this ain't racing. And 2) the cop car isn't street legal, but they make darn sure your car is before you race 'em.

I haven't seen this one on the street, but have seen Police 911's with a loud speaker mounted on the left front fender. The first time one pulled up next to me and said, "Please drive a little slower" I about freaked.

polizei_porsche_6.jpg