In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

old colt pistol

YUKONYUKON Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
was given to my dad sme time ago. Could anybody help get a dom the only numbers I could find are a E (E)roman 11673 colt army special 38 with lanyard also a rearing horse on one side and a bull on the other (engraved) THanks for the help the condition is shootable but lot of bluing missing otherwise not bad

Comments

• Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Best you check Locust Fork's auctions. I think she has three Colt Army Specials on the block as of this writing. Wait and see just how much the final bid will have been.

You can gauge the winning bid, and reduce the real-life value accordingly on the gun you are questioning (assuming yours is of less condition than the one's L/F has listed).

If your gun closely approximates the condition of L/F's listings, you will have had the accurate market value without having to make any adjustment.

Joe
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Once again...
    TOTALLY USELESS, WITHOUT GOOD PHOTOS..[V]
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by YUKON
    was given to my dad sme time ago. Could anybody help get a dom the only numbers I could find are a E (E)roman 11673 colt army special 38 with lanyard also a rearing horse on one side and a bull on the other (engraved) THanks for the help the condition is shootable but lot of bluing missing otherwise not bad

DOM = Date of manufacture.
  • Options
    YUKONYUKON Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    found the correct number (needed glasses) 389792 DOM around 1915
    I'm at dads house in florida and no info on my photobucket account sorry