Put up the outside Christmas lights today

us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,605 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Put two strings of LED Christmas lights up today along the roof line of the house.

They look nice lit up too.

Photos ...... nope, camera broke. [V]

No Christmas tree put up yet. Wife want to get a prelit LED one that slips together without putting in 9500 branches.

Any suggestions?
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member, Moderator Posts: 29,936 ******
    edited November -1
    I got my tree from Lowes a few years ago....it is three parts, one large bottom, the middle and a small top part. The branches are all connected to the center and collapse down if you hold the parts upside down. They plug into each other. Its really easy to deal with. You just have to "fluff" out the branches a little.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at [email protected]
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I got my tree from Lowes a few years ago....it is three parts, one large bottom, the middle and a small top part. The branches are all connected to the center and collapse down if you hold the parts upside down. They plug into each other. Its really easy to deal with. You just have to "fluff" out the branches a little.

Yup, that is the style she is looking for.

thanks
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 38,925
    edited November -1
    kids here at lake decorated a cedar tree in back yard...nomussnofuss
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,807 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did the lights yesterday too....glad that crap is over for a month!
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,807 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

shame on you!!!! faker!
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Got on today at Menards. Prelite with colored lights, three sections and mounting base included.

Nice tree ~ not the 'charlie brown' looking tree like some many of them. Has 800 lights and over 1550 branch tips so really full and nice looking.

Menards had them on sale for $195 .... far less than on the internet.

Wife is really pleased too........main item! [;)]
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 12,189 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got our lights up today also, I like the way they look but I hate putting them up.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"