In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Unusual dog

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
My wife is "fostering" [read hoping to keep] a 14 y o white lab mix. He seems to have hearing issues [or he's really good at ignoring us]. He follows us around the house and lays down nearby, he doesn't mind the other dogs, the outdoor cats, the parrots, or guinea pig.

When I walk him he doesn't sniff the trees and objects the other three dogs take an interest in. He doesn't sniff anything. He might have sniffed one of the cats once.

Anyone near Lafayette, Indiana that would be interested in such a dog, let me know.
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you named the dog? If not I'd suggest Millennial.[:D]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    maybe he was treated bad enuff he just tries to be invisible ??? may make a great buddy after some time
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    snowflake........... just lays around wanting everyone else to feed him and wipe his butt
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He already has a name, Dudley. Her ex-husband refused to let her have the dog when they split up but then gave it to someone else.

The dog was found in Indianapolis and the chip was still registered to her ex, who went to Indy and brought the dog back.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At 14 that pooch is waiting for the reaper.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    then it sounds like a few years of TLC would be a blessing
  • Options
    Bottom GunBottom Gun Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:My wife is "fostering" [read hoping to keep] a 14 y o white lab mix. He seems to have hearing issues

The same gene that carries the color white can also carry hearing defects. I discovered that the hard way.
    Mechanical engineers have their moments.
  • Options
    ArbyArby Member Posts: 668
    edited November -1
    From your post I gather that the dog originally belonged to your wife.

If that is the case, and she wants to keep Dudley, what is the problem, why not keep him? He may have little time left but you have an opportunity to make what time Dudley has left the best possible time of his life.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Arby
    From your post I gather that the dog originally belonged to your wife.

If that is the case, and she wants to keep Dudley, what is the problem, why not keep him? He may have little time left but you have an opportunity to make what time Dudley has left the best possible time of his life.

We're already 1 over quota on dogs. We have three that we don't have time to properly exercise as it is.
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    then it sounds like a few years of TLC would be a blessing

Agree...[^]
  • Options
    yonsonyonson Member Posts: 904 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of old dogs lose hearing, vision and sense of smell. Can still be comfort animals.