In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

5,000 Year Leap Forward

7.62x39Lover7.62x39Lover Member Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Hi guys. Did any of you guys read this book? Does this book address the issue of Central Banking and FIAT vs. real currency? I want to give a clueless family member of mine a good book for Christmas that will open his eyes to what is really going on in the world. I was also considering Hayek's "The Road to Serfdom" and "The creature from Jeckyl Island". What do you think is a good first book for someone who is stuck in the "left / right paradigm" and CNN / MSNBC bull snot propaganda trap?

Comments

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Atlas Shrugged
  • Options
    CrittergitterCrittergitter Member Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    Atlas Shrugged

Agreed. Concur. Second the motion. Wholeheartedly.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "The Creature From Jekyll Island" is a great read.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    I happen to be re-reading "Atlas Shrugged" for maybe the tenth time, right now.

I'll agree with the others' recommendations.

Doug
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colt Super
    I happen to be re-reading "Atlas Shrugged" for maybe the tenth time, right now.

I'll agree with the others' recommendations.

Doug

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. I appreciate it.
    Does "Atlas Shrugged" touch upon the issue of Central banking in there at all? I ought to read it myself sometime. I think it might just fit the bill either way.
  • Options
    btkbtk Member Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the 5000 year leap, but can't comment as I have not read it yet. I enjoyed Patriots A Novel of Surviving the Upcoming Collapse by James Wesley, Rawles, it deals with the possiblities after an economic collapse of the US dollar.

lifelibertyetc.com has it for like $11.00
  • Options
    RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Conscience of a Conservative by Barry Goldwater
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RtWngExtrmst
    Conscience of a Conservative by Barry Goldwater

Sounds like a great read. What kind of subjects does it touch upon? As you may have read, I am hoping to find something that exposes the Central Bankers at least in part of it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks a lot for all the input guys. I will definitely be reading some of the books you suggested myself. After thinking about it, I will just go with "The Creature from Jeckyl Island" for my friend. Just because anything overly "right" will turn him off, and I think if he knew about the FED, that might get the wheels turning in his head.