In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Budget No matter what happens today

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
They will be back in 15 days cause of the debt ceiling. And since this is just a stop gap 1 1/2 Month (15 Dec) after that here we go again. They will need to pass another stop gap or maybe finally a real Budget.

Comments

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have not had one of those in about 20 years.
  • 7.62x39Lover7.62x39Lover Member Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope to see them actually have a budget. Preferably one that puts us on the road to paying off the debt without breaking Main Street USA's back.

However, I am pretty sure we will get nothing but more of the same when it's all said and done.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    There has been NO BUDGET the whole time that poseur has occupied the White House; the Dims want to play fast'n'loose with their spending increases without any oversight, and that's how it is done.

As long as the media and the broadcast news continue to wail and moan about the inactivity on the Repubs' part; stupid, uninformed and intentionally misinformed citizens (and 40 million illegal aliens) will continue to "vote" for their "freebies", their "rights", their "entitlements", and their "living wages" which none of us can afford.

Budgets? We don't need no stinkin' budgets!
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7.62x39Lover
    I hope to see them actually have a budget. Preferably one that puts us on the road to paying off the debt without breaking Main Street USA's back.

its not actually possible without cutting out all discretionary spending(every penny) and raising taxes).

give this video minutes of your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW5IdwltaAc
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18

its not actually possible without cutting out all discretionary spending(every penny) and raising taxes).

Ummmmmmm.....................did you forget something.......?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59

Ummmmmmm.....................did you forget something.......?

sure did.
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just marked my calendar!! KEVD made a mistake!! Possibly, the first one ever!!!![:D][:D][;)][;)]
    edited November -1

Ok then. What needs to happen is that we need to make some kind of budget, balanced or not, and then make MASSIVE cuts. After that, we need to figure out the best way to own up to the Federal government's inevitable bankruptcy. Basically, decide who we pay back and who gets to pound sand and own up to our mistakes sooner than later when it will be even worse.

But that will obviously not happen.
    edited November -1

Ok then. What needs to happen is that we need to make some kind of budget, balanced or not, and then make MASSIVE cuts. After that, we need to figure out the best way to own up to the Federal government's inevitable bankruptcy. Basically, decide who we pay back and who gets to pound sand and own up to our mistakes sooner than later when it will be even worse.

it wont happen simply because it needs to be both deep and all inclusive. everybody expect somebody else to shoulder the brunt of the strain. every single adult american is going to have to line up and take a big bite of the crap sandwich or we're not going to go anywhere good.

sadly, we'll never get everybody to agree on taking a hit. everybody will try to pass it off on someone else. in the end, nothign will get paid and we'll still be bankrupt.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

it wont happen simply because it needs to be both deep and all inclusive. everybody expect somebody else to shoulder the brunt of the strain. every single adult american is going to have to line up and take a big bite of the crap sandwich or we're not going to go anywhere good.

sadly, we'll never get everybody to agree on taking a hit. everybody will try to pass it off on someone else. in the end, nothign will get paid and we'll still be bankrupt.

I could not agree more.
    edited November -1

The people that deserve the biggest hit are the Central Bankers who we "owe" interest to on money that they create out of thin air that should be issued interest free by the treasury, instead of private bankers. That will take us a long way.

But that will never happen because they are the puppet masters who truly run this country.

Joe American who works to barely survive never benefitted from any of this debacle and shouldn't be paying jack.